PDA

View Full Version : looking for honda v4 info

oddballmotorsports
09-02-2016, 9:18 AM
anyone have size and weight specs for the honda v4 found in the 85-86 vfr700? that looks like a unique engine to play with... any other info on that engine would be great.

Tattooo
09-02-2016, 1:32 PM
anyone have size and weight specs for the honda v4 found in the 85-86 vfr700? that looks like a unique engine to play with... any other info on that engine would be great.

Manuals are a great source for information like that.............

oddballmotorsports
09-02-2016, 3:57 PM
weight maybe but actual external dimensions i doubt.. kinda a goofy engine, but could be made to look cool..

Tattooo
09-02-2016, 4:13 PM
weight maybe but actual external dimensions i doubt.. kinda a goofy engine, but could be made to look cool..

Every Dealer manual I have gives weight and dimensions....... I doubt that it could made cool......... Well to the owner I guess.......

outlawTA
09-09-2016, 8:16 PM
I say if you're gonna go full on hideous Honda V4 then fuck that little VFR700. Get the real deal. V65 baby. All the way. same setup in 1100 form with sick power for an old mill. And if you're adventurous enough you can do the old blower setup a couple different ways. Get some.

And if it's just the V4 concept you admire, (again just some assholes opinion here) then the VMAX's were far more aesthetically pleasing. They sat up right with a "V" look whereas the Hondas laid the front cylinder bank WAAaAYYYY down towards the nose.