PDA

View Full Version : anyone run 35mm fork tubes in 34mm triple trees?

CheckpointGnarly
08-25-2016, 3:59 PM
just wondering if anyone out there machined or figured out a way to run 35mm forktubes in a pre '76 tripple tree set up? i'm looking to get some extended fork tubes and just came across a free set of 35mm fork tubes/lowers but sadly they do not fit in the tripple trees that i have now.

mechdesign2k4
08-26-2016, 5:23 AM
just wondering if anyone out there machined or figured out a way to run 35mm forktubes in a pre '76 tripple tree set up? i'm looking to get some extended fork tubes and just came across a free set of 35mm fork tubes/lowers but sadly they do not fit in the tripple trees that i have now.

in an area of high stress already, i wouldnt want to add additional stress.. my 2 cents... would kind of suck if you found out they didnt work at 50mph... the 1mm diference is about .04 inches, almost a 1/16".. can you do it, sure, should you? nah.... change the whole triple tree...

CheckpointGnarly
08-26-2016, 6:27 PM
i think i'm going to end up doing a stem swap in a sportster fork that i also have in my garage that i'm not using. seems that it'll give me a little over 2 inches over stock fork length which is just about what i was looking for, and i've got the wheel, brakes, an risers that are just taking up space in the garage anyways. free is hard to beat

j0hnnybmx
08-28-2016, 7:06 PM
i have a set of 34mm 6 overs ill trade for 35mm.. how much longer are the ones you've got.

CheckpointGnarly
08-29-2016, 4:23 PM
i have a set of 34mm 6 overs ill trade for 35mm.. how much longer are the ones you've got.

the 35mm legs i have are just stock length