PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Suzuki GS750 Bobber Project

CHrisHart2898
08-23-2016, 1:03 PM
I recently picked up a '77 GS750 and want to do something different with it. I have restored quit a few Jap bikes over the past couple years, so I want to switch it up and bob this one out. I have a few ideas about what I want to do with it but would really like some help. First off, who should I buy my parts from? I want quality parts, and price is not a factor for me. I want to switch the front end out with a Springer kit. Has anyone done this? who did you buy the kit off of? And what all will it take to put on? Any other advice for the bike would be great as well, Thank you.

PeanutHead
08-24-2016, 7:55 AM
Z1 enterprises is a good source for carb parts.

mechdesign2k4
08-24-2016, 1:56 PM
Good Luck. I built a 1980 GS 850 hardtail. A lot of guys doing girder and springer setups on jap bikes just build their own. Not sure of your fab skills. Otherwise, get a harley neck and your options for bolt on springers opens up.
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
ultimate GS knowledge resource. Good luck..

CHrisHart2898
08-24-2016, 5:09 PM
Thanks, I thought I would have to change the neck. My fab capiblities are restricted. Ill check that link out.

Westboundbiker
08-25-2016, 4:24 AM
If you haven't worked with the GS lineup before, be prepared to replace the entire charging system. They're known to have issues at a fairly high rate.

As for the springers, I'd look into some of the options for XS', I'd bet you could get bearings to make one of those work.

mechdesign2k4
08-27-2016, 10:13 AM
Most charging systems sucker around then, throw in 30 yrs of neglect... never pretty. Get a dynamic ignition, coils and a new regulator rectifier. First check the link i posted and do a full stator check.

Duttry98
08-29-2016, 4:48 PM
IDK what it takes for a springer swap, but I wanted a HD front on my gs650. I just swapped the GS steering stem over to the Harley trees.