PDA

View Full Version : Rmbln's Vs800 Ratbob

rmbln
08-21-2016, 8:00 PM
Hey!

This is my first post, but I recently bought my first bike and I want to try to record my build. My friends dad was selling a 01 Suzuki Intruder 800 with 12k miles for $900. Its not my style, but I couldn't pass that deal up. It runs like new and all it needed was tires, battery, and signal lights. But I couldnt stop myself there :p I think Im going for a rat-ish looking bobber when Im done.

Heres some pics of when I picked it up

The battery was completely flat, so I spent the afternoon trying to change it in my friends driveway... Why the hell suzuki put the battery on the bottom of the bike I will never know :banghead:

But after much cursing, I had a new battery in and the bike started right up ;)

I rode it for a month or so before I decided the rear tire was a danger to society, so I parked it and began the chopping :cool:

First to go was that ugly rear fender and sissy bar. Im keeping the shocks (I dont thing Im going to hardtail it... I like my spine too much for that) and was planning to fab a rear fender.. But I wanted to do something a bit different. So I took an old skateboard deck and chopped it in half and put it on there. Its not something you see every day, but I kinda like it. I think it will look good once the bike is painted plus I might swap out the deck for something with different graphics to match. But I just wanted to get an idea for now.

It fits like a pretty well there and the nose of the board flows well with the lines of the bike. I'm kinda liking it :D

This week Ill have to fab up some brackets and actually mount it, and my new tail lights are coming in so Ive got a bit of electrical work to do here soon. Let me know what you guys think!

rmbln