PDA

View Full Version : What to do with frame?

TroubleLeather1
08-22-2009, 1:43 PM
got a 77' 4-speed swing arm i keep goin back and forth on what to do with?? do i leave it a swing arm? i've never had shocks on it just made different struts from time to time when bored, Cant afford the wishbone frame i want, i'm not a big fan of shocks on chops. but when i see bikes like T-bones and others it's hella inspiration!!! do i make it a rigid with a weld on rear? Any suggestions would help me get off my ass, thanks!

JaySco
08-22-2009, 1:54 PM
well, do you want a bad ass chop with shocks? or do you want a bad ass bike with a hardtail?

Fredo
08-22-2009, 9:07 PM
I've hardtailed two swing arm frames. I loved them both, but I'll never do another. If you have the tittle for that frame it's worth bucks, enonugh bucks to buy the frame you really want I'd guess.
Dont listen to us, do what ever blows your hair back, either way you'll be happy I bet.
The santee weld on rear sections are no longer as good as they were though, a word to the wise and what not.

TroubleLeather1
08-23-2009, 11:14 AM
cool thanks, yeah i have the title, everything all matches far as frame, motor, and tranny, i know Fab-Kevin does the weld on rear...Hmmmmmm....

MIKE47
08-23-2009, 8:12 PM
I just did this to one. I would do it again, no problem.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/mikeypspix/IMG_0554.jpg

BigOscar
08-24-2009, 1:11 PM
That looks real good Mike!

MrCrown
08-24-2009, 2:57 PM
its your frame, do whatever the fuck you want.

titles be damned.

TroubleLeather1
08-24-2009, 6:36 PM
well that's kinda the mood i'm in now day's!! lol

MIKE47
08-25-2009, 7:51 AM
That looks real good Mike!

Thank O. That one is NYandy's. No title issues this way. Why get the hassle if you don't have to.

Wendy
08-25-2009, 9:02 AM
I've hardtailed two swing arm frames. I loved them both, but I'll never do another. If you have the tittle for that frame it's worth bucks, enonugh bucks to buy the frame you really want I'd guess.
Dont listen to us, do what ever blows your hair back, either way you'll be happy I bet.
The santee weld on rear sections are no longer as good as they were though, a word to the wise and what not.

I agree Fredo! Swing arms are so underrated! Keep it and enjoy riding with shocks! (:

BigDawg
08-25-2009, 9:14 AM
Yeah, I've thought about chopping mine, but I think I'd rather not. I'm kinda digging the 4 speed swingarm.