PDA

View Full Version : Please help me fix this monster!!!!

Rbdyn
07-20-2016, 8:15 AM
Hi guys, I need some help and thought this was the perfect place to get some info on what I can do to make this(attachment) ,look better.7114571146

Tattooo
07-20-2016, 8:32 AM
Hi guys, I need some help and thought this was the perfect place to get some info on what I can do to make this(attachment) ,look better.7114571146

Sell it...............

Dragstews
07-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Sell it...............

Would get enough out of it to make a down payment on a Harley....!!!

(Oh-shit.... did I say that.?? ... My Bad)

Tattooo
07-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Would get enough out of it to make a down payment on a Harley....!!!

(Oh-shit.... did I say that.?? ... My Bad)

I bet where he lives a Harley is a high priced mammer jammer.......... I don't see how you could make that bike look better........ Sorry........

Hotel
07-20-2016, 2:19 PM
I see this going to the junk pile...
But you know what Rbydn...
Ride it! Ride it hard knowing your on one of the funkiest bikes out there and be proud!
Who's got the funk!

21guns
07-20-2016, 2:28 PM
Build your own frame and throw the motor in. They might be cheap junk motors but theyre also cheap to fix and replace.

ElekVins
07-20-2016, 2:31 PM
Welcome Rbdyn, don't listen to the old farts, harley are expensive, heavy, they got no power and handle like shit.

First you should do an intro about yourself.

Then most people don't even know what's that bike you have here... A little more info about it would be a good idea.
According to the badge it's a 250cc. (?)
It's goin' to be difficult to make it look "right" well it depends what you consider cool but still it's a difficult base...

Where you live, can't you trade it for a 250 SR, XS or KZ? or even a honda Cub?
You'll then find more examples for your inspiration of modified bikes that look great

Hotel
07-20-2016, 2:33 PM
Hey 21guns, glad to see you still on. Hows it down under?
I don't remember the guy or what he called the bike but it was a old Goldwing with a peanut tank sitting on top of the dual backbone, mixmatch hard bags with stickers plastered all over them. My first thought was to go in that direction when I saw this scoot.
It's on this site somewhere.

EDIT- Found it
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35314&page=8&highlight=goldwing

Tattooo
07-20-2016, 4:34 PM
When people just bust the door down and ask a question like he did........ Well..........

Hotel
07-20-2016, 4:41 PM
Well ya know.....

Tattooo
07-20-2016, 8:44 PM
Well ya know.....

Yep.........

ElekVins
07-21-2016, 1:32 AM
Seems like he left the building without waiting for the answer!
Already busy wrenchin' and choppin' in the garage! ahah

Let see if he comes back someday...

Rbdyn
07-21-2016, 5:19 AM
Hi guys, thank you for the feedback and sorry for not introducing myself properly,so lets see if I can do it right this time round.

As you have seen im from South Africa(no apes and such running wild in the streets, only lions) and a ginger and yes you were right a Harley is f##king expensive around these parts and unfortunately I dont make alot of money yet, thus I had to buy something that wouldnt hurt my pockets too much.

I know it doesnt look good yet, but that is why I came to you guys, because you know how to make anything look good. And I would appreciate any help and guidance.

Kind Regards
Rbdyn

Dragstews
07-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Kool.... ^^^

You got to start somewhere.... Not all that sure I would throw a lot of time and money into making a custom out of that bike.... Think I would enjoy it as it is until something better comes along...

.../// https://youtu.be/rMbATaj7Il8 \\\...

__________________________________________________ ____________

Welcome Rbdyn, don't listen to the old farts.

Hey Tattoo .... Did Vins just call you a Old Fart...???
You going to let him get away with dat ....???

I know I am cause he be right.... ;)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/hIGnpmKRAMFtOvVneUCIXj8j3LM17ctC4KlftuoJFXl-Typ_z4Pwvf8p7NGqY9-lTw=w300

Tattooo
07-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Hey Tattoo .... Did Vins just call you a Old Fart...???
You going to let him get away with dat ....???

Yea I read it........... I didn't think it was worth responding to it............ I think I have finally figured him out..........

Hotel
07-21-2016, 12:00 PM
The slope on that sway bar is spectacularly bad, how long does this bike measure.

ElekVins
07-21-2016, 3:20 PM
Yea I read it........... I didn't think it was worth responding to it............ I think I have finally figured him out..........

I managed to bring the kid back on board ! ;)

The way it goes here lately, seems like some fresh blood and enthousiasm is needed...

Rbdyn
07-21-2016, 3:26 PM
The full specs:
Engine Type4-stroke, air cooled**
Cylinder Arrangement Single cylinder**
Piston displacement242.9 cc**
Bore Stroke 6249.5 mm**
Maximum power 14.5 kW/8500 rpm**
Maximum torque 18 Nm/6000 rpm**
Ignition type EPI**
Start system Electric starter**
Transmission 5 speed**
Size (length x width height) 2200 830 1200 mm*
Wheelbase 1500 mm**
Seat height 780 mm**
Ground clearance 180 mm**
Dry weight 185 KG**
Brake (front/rear)disk/drum**
Tyre110/90-16 (front),130/90-15 (rear)**
Fuel tank capacity 18 L

ElekVins
07-21-2016, 3:27 PM
Kool.... ^^^

You got to start somewhere.... Not all that sure I would throw a lot of time and money into making a custom out of that bike.... Think I would enjoy it as it is until something better comes along...

I'm with Dragstews on this, you must remember one important thing that isn't obvious to someone starting with bikes, once you start to modify it it will loose value for resale. Even if you spend a lot of money in it. That's the case for 99% of the builds. So if money is tight at the moment, just ride this one stock and improve your riding skills. Meanwhile keep an eye on the magazines, on internet to see what style you like and what bike will be best for it. At the same time, save money in a piggybank.
When you have enough savings, sell this one, buy the good one, that you'll modify and enjoy for several years.
Just be careful to not waste too much on a project that isn't worth it.
Just my 2cents...

ElekVins
07-21-2016, 3:29 PM
The full specs:
Engine Type4-stroke, air cooled**
Cylinder Arrangement Single cylinder**
Piston displacement242.9 cc**
Bore Stroke 6249.5 mm**
Maximum power 14.5 kW/8500 rpm**
Maximum torque 18 Nm/6000 rpm**
Ignition type EPI**
Start system Electric starter**
Transmission 5 speed**
Size (length x width height) 2200 830 1200 mm*
Wheelbase 1500 mm**
Seat height 780 mm**
Ground clearance 180 mm**
Dry weight 185 KG**
Brake (front/rear)disk/drum**
Tyre110/90-16 (front),130/90-15 (rear)**
Fuel tank capacity 18 L

Problem is not the engine, it's mainly the frame and the way it stands on its wheels, not to mention the plastic parts all around...

If this is a popular motorcycle in south africa, can you find a picture of one of these naked? Bare frame, or just the roller without tank, fenders, seat, covers, etc...
If yes, post the pic here, it may give ideas.

Tattooo
07-21-2016, 3:29 PM
I managed to bring the kid back on board ! ;)

The way it goes here lately, seems like some fresh blood and enthousiasm is needed...

To quote farmall......{I thought this is a biker forum not a romper room}......... Were not here to hold peoples hands and tell them life is a box of chocolates......... At least I'm not.........

Tattooo
07-21-2016, 3:33 PM
I'm with Dragstews on this, you must remember one important thing that isn't obvious to someone starting with bikes, once you start to modify it it will loose value for resale. Even if you spend a lot of money in it. That's the case for 99% of the builds. So if money is tight at the moment, just ride this one stock and improve your riding skills. Meanwhile keep an eye on the magazines, on internet to see what style you like and what bike will be best for it. At the same time, save money in a piggybank.
When you have enough savings, sell this one, buy the good one, that you'll modify and enjoy for several years.
Just be careful to not waste too much on a project that isn't worth it.
Just my 2cents...

You just said the same thing I did in my two word post above............

ElekVins
07-21-2016, 3:36 PM
To quote farmall......{I thought this is a biker forum not a romper room}......... Were not here to hold peoples hands and tell them life is a box of chocolates......... At least I'm not.........

Life is a box of bolts and nails and you've got to swallow it!

ElekVins
07-21-2016, 3:40 PM
You just said the same thing I did in my two word post above............

Yes, I think you were right but I also thought it was kinda abrupt to a newbie.
I try to remember how I was when I was 19yo and started to be interested in motorcycles.
Sure there wasn't internet at that time but still I asked silly questions...

Rbdyn
07-21-2016, 3:43 PM
No, I appreciate all of the guidance and I think I'm going to do just that and then eventually buy a proper bike, in the meanwhile I'm going to ride the shit out of this bike, because luckily its not too slow and atleast it will get me from point A to point B.

farmall
07-21-2016, 4:56 PM
Meantime if you want a mechanical education, find a junker or two for close to nothing and explore. When I was very young my father gave me junk motors to take apart. The tactile experience matters. Any motor, any machine. All are educational.

Always have at least one RELIABLE ride and make a project something else.

He who makes his main ride a project is frequently a pedestrian!

Dragstews
07-21-2016, 5:09 PM

Confucius said dat.....
(He also said: Woman who fly's upside-down ... Has Crack Up...!!! .. :eek: )

Tattooo
07-21-2016, 5:35 PM

I will also be using that quote in the future..............

Tattooo
07-21-2016, 5:41 PM
No, I appreciate all of the guidance and I think I'm going to do just that and then eventually buy a proper bike, in the meanwhile I'm going to ride the shit out of this bike,

Now there you go........... I knew you were a smart kid............ I wish you all the luck in the world and if I can be of any help be sure and ask.................

Rbdyn
07-22-2016, 8:39 AM
The pictures as requested.711687116971170

farmall
07-22-2016, 9:43 AM
With that style frame I'd go for a "street fighter" style instead of making it less functional by conventional chopping while looking like an abortion.

http://www.customfighters.com/

Street fighter cosmetic mods can be fabbed then bolted on without lost riding time. You could get a junker for a sheet metal donor if you want to mod stock parts, and of course you can measure other potential donor parts, do the work on your bench, then bolt on the result if you like. No stock parts would be molested this way. Hang stock parts on wall for resale or future use.

Advantages of a good street fighter is agility and lighter weight, along with no rigid back end to make your kidneys fly out your asshole.

I'd consider mods like a smaller headlight or headlights, perhaps LED since off-road LED lights are readily available, inexpensive and bright as fuck. Running lights on makes you MUCH more visible to traffic and may prevent you from showing up in a Liveleak video of a flattened biker.

One tip I give beginners is buy tools first. They last a very long time and if you are gonna wrench, you want to start early. You don't need to overpay either. Buy AS NEEDED (except for bargains). The old custom of buying a tool every payday works.
Not necessarily an expensive tool either and good used tools are fine.

I understand it's a budget bike but all motorcycles interest me. If you feel like it, give us some background on that machine. What you like, what you don't, what's reliable and what is not.

OleDirtyDoc
07-22-2016, 12:31 PM
I will also be using that quote in the future..............

Me too

OleDirtyDoc
07-22-2016, 12:34 PM
With that style frame I'd go for a "street fighter" style instead of making it less functional by conventional chopping while looking like an abortion.

http://www.customfighters.com/

Street fighter cosmetic mods can be fabbed then bolted on without lost riding time. You could get a junker for a sheet metal donor if you want to mod stock parts, and of course you can measure other potential donor parts, do the work on your bench, then bolt on the result if you like. No stock parts would be molested this way. Hang stock parts on wall for resale or future use.

Advantages of a good street fighter is agility and lighter weight, along with no rigid back end to make your kidneys fly out your asshole.

I'd consider mods like a smaller headlight or headlights, perhaps LED since off-road LED lights are readily available, inexpensive and bright as fuck. Running lights on makes you MUCH more visible to traffic and may prevent you from showing up in a Liveleak video of a flattened biker.

One tip I give beginners is buy tools first. They last a very long time and if you are gonna wrench, you want to start early. You don't need to overpay either. Buy AS NEEDED (except for bargains). The old custom of buying a tool every payday works.
Not necessarily an expensive tool either and good used tools are fine.

I understand it's a budget bike but all motorcycles interest me. If you feel like it, give us some background on that machine. What you like, what you don't, what's reliable and what is not.

Yes I'd do a streetfighter as well.has already got the stance.go over to customfighters like farmall suggested. Its a real good forum

Rbdyn
07-23-2016, 9:32 AM
To be honest that was my first idea, but then I thought maybe I should check with you guys first, because it is after all a cruiser. The picture attached is what I was thinking of doing first. 71174

21guns
07-23-2016, 5:24 PM
Youll find us jap choppers just love two wheels and will ride anything we can. Im on board with the fighter idea.

farmall
07-25-2016, 7:27 PM
Nice CX Honda but clip-on bars are uncomfortable because the riding position resembles a monkey fucking a football.

No offense to anyone who likes fucking a football. I don't judge.