PDA

View Full Version : New cables/brake hose for 12" apes?

Robhall
06-16-2010, 1:02 PM
I'm looking to put some 12" apes from tcbros (http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=4) on my 79 XS using the stock risers. I unbolted the drag bars on there now and lifted them up some, but I can't tell for sure if it all will reach. I would just go ahead and order new stuff just in case, but I don't want to waste money unless I need them. Plus I'm not a big fan of overly long control cables hanging around.

swellguy
06-16-2010, 1:39 PM
Good strategy, just order what you need.

vonyinzer
06-17-2010, 2:15 PM
Youll need em for sure. Theres a bunch of places that sell em. Theyre pretty cheap on flea-bay.

Robhall
06-17-2010, 10:08 PM
I ordered some new brake lines from Mike's XS just now. I needed some seals from there anyway. They had extended length cables in stock, but they are +13.75". Way too long. I called TCBros though and he said within a week he'll have a cable kit for longer bars in stock. Just so happened he just started selling them right when I needed them. Come to think of it, I got the first pair of powdercoated drag bars they ever made too... Hmmm......

djturnz
06-18-2010, 9:11 AM
On my KZ750LTD, I only had to replace the brake line. I re-routed my stock cables and they reached my TCBros 12"s .

The LTD comes with about a 9" buckhorn bar, so I think the stockers might already be longer than your XS stockers, but I don't know.

The main re-routing that helped, was that my throttle and clutch cables come from under the tank, and right to the bars. Stock location they go through the triple trees and in front of the top tree.

UsOutlawApparel13
06-18-2010, 9:49 AM
Let me know what you find. I need em to for my honda cm400 thanx

MISFIT400C
02-11-2014, 1:53 PM
Let me know what you find. I need em to for my honda cm400 thanx

ever find these? i just got 12'' apes from tc bros and need longer cables for my cm400

Hippie459MN
02-13-2014, 8:57 PM
I get all my cables from Dennis Kirk. https://www.denniskirk.com/

They have all kinds of options for just about any cable design you need/want.