PDA

View Full Version : Cutting sensor

shortpork
06-12-2016, 9:20 PM
Electrical n00b...I can just cut it right? Fill with high temp caulk? What do you do/seen?

I know, Im a retard for cutting it. Lay it on me...

Tattooo
06-12-2016, 9:34 PM
Electrical n00b...I can just cut it right? Fill with high temp caulk? What do you do/seen?

I know, Im a retard for cutting it. Lay it on me...

What sensor????????????? I think you need to be a little clearer??????????? We can't read minds here.........WTF????????

shortpork
06-12-2016, 10:02 PM
temp light

Tattooo
06-13-2016, 6:32 AM
temp light

On what kind of bike??? Does your bike have a computer??????? Why are you taking it off????? I could go on and on......... If your going to ask a question think about what the people that are going to answer it might need to know.......

shortpork
06-13-2016, 8:10 AM
vlx600 yes cause im striping it down and I know how to monitor water level. Yes its risky yes its stoopid yes Im removing it. I can just cut it and leave the plug but I would rather do something that looks better

cggorman
06-13-2016, 8:53 AM
I'm assuming this is just threaded into a port on the head. I would put a pipe plug in if you really don't want the sensor in there.

farmall
06-13-2016, 11:56 AM
You'd better get a properly threaded plug since it's a metric bike. If you try to wad a US tapered plug into that hole stripped threads and sadness will likely result!

Take your old sensor and measure the threads per mm with a pitch gauge or compare visually to any prospective plugs by nesting the threads together side-by-side. Threads which match will nest fully together.

Learn how to do it right the first time. You could take your sensor to a local hydraulic supply house to see if they stock a correct plug.

cggorman
06-13-2016, 12:05 PM
Good point. I'm also assuming it's a tapered pipe thread. Could be any one of a dozen different styles. JIS flare, BSP, ORB, etc.

You know would do a good job of pluggin up that hole? The sensor. :)

shortpork
06-13-2016, 12:11 PM
well Im going off the only chopped wiring diagram i could find for this bike. And I found it in several places...so people are doing this..
The light is in the speedo and I dont wanna run the speedo. I guess I could put a lone light somewhere too

cggorman
06-13-2016, 2:14 PM
well Im going off the only chopped wiring diagram i could find for this bike. And I found it in several places...so people are doing this..
The light is in the speedo and I dont wanna run the speedo. I guess I could put a lone light somewhere too

You don't have to wire the sensor to use it as a plug. Depending on how it's made, you could even cut off the top (electrical) part of it in addition to the wires/plugs. I've done that before on odd stuff.