PDA

View Full Version : 82' KZ440 build

LCIronworks
06-06-2016, 2:07 PM
Greetings all,
So as it is obvious, i am new to this particular Forum, but not to bike builds. I bought this KZ about a year and a half ago, with the intention to turn it into a Cafe bike, but have recently changed my mind on that. Basically it came down to the amount of work required to bob it is less than doing a proper cafe build, and there are just better bikes to use for a cafe build. So Bobber it is. So far I have cut about 6 inches off the front fender, but that may go away all together eventually. I bought a set of clubmans' but the position of the controls paired with where the clubmans aligned my body, caused a lot of hip pain, so I flipped the clubmans and it is much better. I am currently researching what effect chopping the pipes off at the weld to the megaphone mufflers will have with the stock CV carbs. I will add some pics when I get a chance.

LCIronworks
06-07-2016, 7:36 AM
the KZ as it currently looks

TheWhiteDevil
06-28-2016, 7:53 AM
Kz frames are actually great for cafe builds, with the smaller displacement and twin cylinder motor they lend themselves to that perfectly, enough motor to be perky and fun for 1 rider but not enough really for 2. Add in the fact that you already have the correct bars for a cafe and your own your way.

oh and chopping the exhaust or putting pods on will be fun (sarcasm) with those CV carbs. If your going to chop the exhaust then I would recommend selling those to someone who wants them for a restoration and chopping a set that are in rougher shape.