PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hello

TheMKoi
06-05-2016, 5:26 AM
Hi Chop Cult members
I am complete noob to the custom cruiser scene. I used to ride sport bikes when I was younger. But now with a young family I am looking for some fun ripping around on a cool bike, one that I won't loose my license in first gear.

I found this Intruder for a steal so I bought it. I am a tall rider at 6'5" so some custom forward controls are on my list of must do mods. With that will come some custom brake lines, clutch lines and shift linkages. Also some taller handle bars. Some that don't make me look like I am sitting at dinner with the queen. Also a big ass sissy bar, this will be my daily driver in the summer so I will need somewhere to attach my tools and lunch.

I am going to ride it stock this summer and start building ing the fall. Hopefully I can add my builds and contribute.

Thanks for reading

WarMullet
06-05-2016, 6:57 AM
Hi Chop Cult members
I am complete noob to the custom cruiser scene. I used to ride sport bikes when I was younger. But now with a young family I am looking for some fun ripping around on a cool bike, one that I won't loose my license in first gear.

I found this Intruder for a steal so I bought it. I am a tall rider at 6'5" so some custom forward controls are on my list of must do mods. With that will come some custom brake lines, clutch lines and shift linkages. Also some taller handle bars. Some that don't make me look like I am sitting at dinner with the queen. Also a big ass sissy bar, this will be my daily driver in the summer so I will need somewhere to attach my tools and lunch.

I am going to ride it stock this summer and start building ing the fall. Hopefully I can add my builds and contribute.

Thanks for reading
Oye mate,

Welcome and I look forward to seeing what inspirations you draw from. Safe a d happy riding brother.

TheMKoi
06-06-2016, 7:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I took the bike to work and got stuck is heavy traffic one the way home. Had massive clutch fade to the point where it failed entirely and I was power shifting to limp it home. Broke my shift linkage rod and was stuck in first gear. Made it to within 1 km from my house when I had to hit the side walk and kill the engine so i wouldn't run a busy light.

Main focus now is waiting for parts and getting it back on the road.

WarMullet
06-06-2016, 5:49 PM
Jeeze... pretty shitty day sounds like.

ridgerunner1965
06-06-2016, 7:39 PM
well welcome to the chopper werld! from now on dirty fingernails and greasy hands will be yur norm. its not as bad as it sounds, we love it!

ridgerunner1965
06-06-2016, 7:43 PM
idk about yur bike but with most old bikes its a dance to get in nuetrel as you reach a stoppin point. just holding in on the clutch lever puts a strain on old parts.

TheMKoi
06-10-2016, 8:45 AM
yeah it was pretty crappy.

the clutch works perfectly when it is cold, but once it got hot it faded on me and wouldn't operate. I am waiting on my shift linkage and some time to fix it. I plan to do a fluids flush on the hydraulic clutch and if that doesn't work then maybe some stainless lines.

TheMKoi
03-10-2017, 5:20 PM
It has been a while...

I flushed the hydraulic fuild, replaced the shift linkage and was back on the road for the summer. I put over 8000kms on the bike and then decided to strip it down in the fall when it got too cold to ride. I was just going to make new bars but then wanted more room in the saddle. So I chopped the frame to add 6" to the downtubes or neck and made a new backbone. I am still in the process of welding smaller sections of the frame. Once that is done then I will be installing Designer Springs, K&N pods, jet kit and open exhaust and getting rid of most of the stuff I don't need. Once I get it finished and running I will post a build. But before that I might be bothering all of you here with some questions.

TheMKoi
03-12-2017, 8:57 AM
Here is a pic of the frame so far. I still need to mount some tabs here and there for the tank seat and other various items.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o702/matthewkooy/Mobile%20Uploads/20170310_224851-2124x1195_zpsoxyl5zjc.jpg (http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/matthewkooy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170310_224851-2124x1195_zpsoxyl5zjc.jpg.html)