PDA

View Full Version : First ride

mojab78
05-20-2016, 7:17 PM
Well lads she is on the road again. I put 40 km on it to break it in today and she sounds and feels better than ever!;) I went with 75 and 115 jets with the pods and exhaust. No popping at all 160kms what i had it too and it was even all the way through. My only issue now is the starter it doesn't always grab. Do any of you know what is causing this? Ill post some pics soon.

ContractKiller
05-22-2016, 2:35 AM
Assuming you're talking about your CB900, the issue with your starter is the roller clutch. There are three spring loaded rollers inside, just open up the clutch and replace the three springs. I bought mine from the hardware store but I don't remember the diameter and length right off. Only cost me a couple bucks and not even a half hour of my time. Easy peasy.

mojab78
05-24-2016, 5:35 AM
Assuming you're talking about your CB900, the issue with your starter is the roller clutch. There are three spring loaded rollers inside, just open up the clutch and replace the three springs. I bought mine from the hardware store but I don't remember the diameter and length right off. Only cost me a couple bucks and not even a half hour of my time. Easy peasy.

Thank you. I will rip it apart tonight.