PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a freebie ?

Webrat
05-12-2016, 9:53 AM
My only close (in distance) "neighbor was passing by after he got off work yesterday and I flagged him down to show the progress I was making on my XS. So he swings into the garage driveway and we get to talking about stuff.
He then tells me to "cmon up" to his place, he has "something" to show me. So I walk up to his garage and he leads me to the back,,to a ripped up faded blue nylon tarp.
I ask,,,whatcha got under there? He takes the tarp off of a pristine 1976 XL350 Honda endure bike. I mean this thing doesn't even have a scratch on the seat,,only 4500 miles on it and it was last registered in 1984.
He asked,, "what do ya think"? "Ya like it" ?
Of course I liked it,,,he then gave me big grin and said "it's yours". I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK" !! ?? Ur kidding right?
Nope,,, he says for me to take it home for all the stuff I been doing to help him out while he is really busy working.
Crap,,, all I did was mow some yard a coupla times and clear a bunch of brush from a common area we both have.
Check it out,,, Man I am psyched to get it running,,, shouldn't be too hard eh?
TOTALLY blew my mind,,,

Westboundbiker
05-12-2016, 11:09 AM
DAMN! that's sick man!

Webrat
05-12-2016, 11:35 AM
DAMN! that's sick man!
====================================
Seriously,,, I couldn't believe it when he just said "it's yours".
I guess being a good neighbor is still valued by some.

Tattooo
05-12-2016, 6:16 PM
Damn that's real nice..... It doesn't hurt to help people.... Even it you didn't think you would get anything out of it...... But you did in the end....

ridgerunner1965
05-12-2016, 6:26 PM
damm good deal! i rode a 79 xl 250 for a year on the street when i was savin up for my next hog. it was a one kik wonder. rode it for several more years around the farm and sold it to a bud.that was years ago.

saw him on it just last summer.it was rough and dirty but still started on first kik after setting all winter.so he said.neither of us has ever been into the motor in 20 yrs.

ridgerunner1965
05-12-2016, 6:38 PM
after another look daaam that bike is really orig. down to the tool box and crazy rear tail lite that usually falls off.and the speedo and and tach.

running good it may be worth 1500$ on ebay.

Webrat
05-13-2016, 6:21 AM
after another look daaam that bike is really orig. down to the tool box and crazy rear tail lite that usually falls off.and the speedo and and tach.

running good it may be worth 1500$ on ebay.
========================================
NO WAY !!!!!!
Yea,,, it has everything,,,not even a smudge on the seat..
Has a Supertrapp spark arrestor exhaust on it too.

mojab78
05-13-2016, 7:22 AM
NO WAY !!!!!!
Yea,,, it has everything,,,not even a smudge on the seat..
Has a Supertrapp spark arrestor exhaust on it too.

Beauty ride.

Fad9567
05-13-2016, 8:14 AM
That is in such great condition! I am surprised that it survived like that with just a tarp covering it! Looks like you got a great neighbor, now if only mine would do something like this.

Webrat
05-13-2016, 12:05 PM
That is in such great condition! I am surprised that it survived like that with just a tarp covering it! Looks like you got a great neighbor, now if only mine would do something like this.
==============================
Was in his garage,,, covered up.

CarloFreeze
05-13-2016, 6:38 PM
That rules! I used a XL350 front end and wheel on the CB750 build I'm doing so I could take advantage of that 21" drum wheel.

farmall
05-13-2016, 8:31 PM
Nice collectible piece. I'd expect to get 2500 easily, possibly more depending on how well it cleans up and it doesn't need much.

That would be one I'd ride around the Barber Vintage festival as a pit bike, with or without a "For Sale" sign. I'd get something else to destroy in actual dirt use because that's too rare to trash.

forty4ma9
05-14-2016, 7:24 AM
Karma works out. Nice looking moto!

Webrat
05-14-2016, 4:57 PM
Well,,
It has spark (weak).
Due I think to a worn out battery. It was totally dry and wouldn't take a charge.
So I ordered a sealed battery from Ebay for 20 bucks.
That way I don't have to worry with acid or any maintenance on it.
Battery should be here between today and next Saturday.
Guess I should post a video of it when The battery is installed and I go to start it for the first time since 1984.
HAHAHAHA

Webrat
05-14-2016, 4:59 PM
Nice collectible piece. I'd expect to get 2500 easily, possibly more depending on how well it cleans up and it doesn't need much.

That would be one I'd ride around the Barber Vintage festival as a pit bike, with or without a "For Sale" sign. I'd get something else to destroy in actual dirt use because that's too rare to trash.
Definitely not gonna trash it in the dirt or in the woods.
I do believe this will provide the rest of the funding for my XS build.
May even get me some better parts than I was on planning on buying. Like a Hoos crank fired ignition for one.

Webrat
05-14-2016, 5:02 PM
That rules! I used a XL350 front end and wheel on the CB750 build I'm doing so I could take advantage of that 21" drum wheel.

================================================
THAT exact thought crossed my mind,,, lacing that front drum hub up to a spare 19" front rim I have.
But I decided against taking it down for just that one part.
Worth more if kept complete.At least to me,,, probably others as Farmall and others said.

OleDirtyDoc
05-15-2016, 3:58 PM
That thing is sweet. I'd keep it stock too