PDA

View Full Version : david bird hardtail

danny
06-12-2010, 8:09 PM
Just saw the new david bird hardtail kits from lowbrow customs.
They look pretty cool. I can't wait to see someone use one. I was kind
thinking about it myself sense I can't seam to get ardcore to start a
frame build for me.

SMChewy
06-12-2010, 8:16 PM
Just saw the new david bird hardtail kits from lowbrow customs.
They look pretty cool. I can't wait to see someone use one. I was kind
thinking about it myself sense I can't seam to get ardcore to start a
frame build for me.

They look tits. He donated one of the first XS650 loop tails to my brother for his build (see the link below). He is a great guy, and these things look awesome and require no modification to the motor mounts. The one for my brother should be arriving next week. I can take some pics for you when it gets here since some of the pieces in the photos on the Lowbrow site are his prototype pieces, not the final laser cut pieces. I would recommend going with his not only because he helped out my brother and supports our troops, but also cause of his reputation. I was floored when he chimed in and offered up one for my bro.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4396&page=999

Ember
06-12-2010, 9:12 PM
I'm anxious to see one welded on an XS myself. I am waiting to order my tail, and was going to just get a TC, but I am really wanting to see this thing first.

DavidBirdHardtails
06-13-2010, 5:53 AM
thanks for that cory. lowbrow customs has pic's of the laser cut gussets now, and should have them on there site soon. they also should have up soon the step by step photo's. thanks dave

Punkskalar
06-14-2010, 4:47 PM
Visually, im not a fan of those gussets... BUT, that said, I think there is a very valid reason for leaving that section of the stock frame. Other companies have you cut the frame and HOPE it lines up right, David Bird's section keeps everything straight and in good line... I like that...

If you have access to a frame jig, then it doesn't matter, but DB's frame section is gonna be that much straighter than some of the hack-and-weld kits out there for XS's

philbey
06-14-2010, 9:46 PM
Actually, the frame gussets would make a good spot to mount your footpegs.

shop102
06-14-2010, 9:50 PM
the loop frame is BAD ASS. im looking for a donor frame to swap everything over