PDA

View Full Version : The grass is always greener...

nickey
04-29-2016, 11:35 PM
I've noticed that when I see other peoples bikes I really like what they've done. But then I could see the same shit on my bike and I always feel it's incomplete or that I just don't like it for some reason. Anyone else experience this? Don't get me wrong I love my sportster. And everything I've done to it so far. Just curious. Also, wasn't sure if this was junk pile material or not. Feel free to move if so.

I will add I can never seem to get a picture that makes my bike look as good as it does in person. So maybe that's it?

TurnerR
04-29-2016, 11:44 PM
If you don't like it then re-do it. If you can't re-do it yourself pay someone to do it. If you can't do that, sell it and buy something already done that you like. If you can't do that, buy a rebel and you'll appreciate the heck out of your sporty!!

Keeleyvision
04-30-2016, 12:18 AM
Kinda feel you on this, the longest I have been able to go without changing something on my bike is 2 months, it's been that way for every bike I have owned since 1988, they are just never quite right, and they are never going to be, but I'll see someone else's bike and think "perfect, wouldn't change a thing" even tho I know if I owned it I would, I would have to.

nickey
04-30-2016, 12:25 AM
If you don't like it then re-do it... buy a rebel and you'll appreciate the heck out of your sporty!!
I'm constantly changing stuff. It's fun. And I do appreciate my Sporty. I actually started on a rebel. I've always been this way, as a kid me and my brothers would sand and paint our hot wheels cars, if I had a bike, I'd have to spray paint it some weird color. So I guess it's the same thing haha

...but I'll see someone else's bike and think "perfect, wouldn't change a thing" even tho I know if I owned it I would, I would have to.
Ha! Nailed it.

SlyJJ
05-01-2016, 2:25 AM
I think it just shows your struggle for perfection. It doesn't mean you don't like what you've done to your bike it means you're willing to accept that you could do something else different or new.

I haven't changed my sporty since I finished it in September, but most of the things I don't want to change. The things I would try are pretty big and expensive to (greater rake, girder over springer, etc).

I've recently discovered how much I enjoy wrenching on shovels that they're going to be my new thing. I keep my evo sporty as my hot rod beefy long chop whos neck I'm not afraid to ring, and then I'll have my shovel which I just may ride a bit more conservatively......

Freewheeler
05-01-2016, 3:40 PM
I think it just shows your struggle for perfection. It doesn't mean you don't like what you've done to your bike it means you're willing to accept that you could do something else different or new.

I haven't changed my sporty since I finished it in September, but most of the things I don't want to change. The things I would try are pretty big and expensive to (greater rake, girder over springer, etc).

I've recently discovered how much I enjoy wrenching on shovels that they're going to be my new thing. I keep my evo sporty as my hot rod beefy long chop whos neck I'm not afraid to ring, and then I'll have my shovel which I just may ride a bit more conservatively......

+1

Sounds like you want things your own way, nothing wrong with that.

Nick

farmall
05-01-2016, 5:06 PM
Motorcycles are like pussy.

No matter how nice what we ride is, we are wired to lust after other pussy.

No matter how nice what we ride is, there will be something we want to change.

Unlike pussy, you can dismember and change motorcycles without going to jail.

SlyJJ
05-01-2016, 7:23 PM
Motorcycles are like pussy.

No matter how nice what we ride is, we are wired to lust after other pussy.

No matter how nice what we ride is, there will be something we want to change.

Unlike pussy, you can dismember and change motorcycles without going to jail.

Unlike motorcycles, sometimes you can flip the pussy upside down and its like a whole new ride....

nickey
05-02-2016, 6:05 AM
Ha! The last 4 replies are perfect. Thanks everyone.

72scumbag
05-04-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm with you on this, cars and bikes Ive always been the same. I like it but its never as nice as the other shit you see pics of.

mrhammer2u
05-04-2016, 1:25 PM
My first bike was a slightly modded 79 Yamaha XS1100. I immediately started ripping shit off and trying to make something more of it. What I wouldn't give to have that $5000 in mods back and just have the bike I bought,...which in retrospect was SO much cooler.

Trying not to do the same with my Sporty but I itch daily to buy/change something.