PDA

View Full Version : Help keyless gas cap needed.

sdustin
04-21-2016, 10:51 PM
So I need to fit a keyless gas cap to my factory vt600 fuel tank. Whatever my options? My online searches so far have been fruitless

WarMullet
04-21-2016, 11:03 PM
So I need to fit a keyless gas cap to my factory vt600 fuel tank. Whatever my options? My online searches so far have been fruitless

More than likely the same options the CB900 has... cut the tank so you can install something else or use a different tank that has options...

sdustin
04-22-2016, 1:47 AM
More than likely the same options the CB900 has... cut the tank so you can install something else or use a different tank that has options...
I was afraid this is my only option. But if I have to cut on a tank I'm going to just fit a different tank. Thanks

bobwoodie
04-22-2016, 1:35 PM
I was afraid this is my only option. But if I have to cut on a tank I'm going to just fit a different tank. Thanks
just cut the key off and push it into the lock then you can open it with a dime or any type of key

WarMullet
04-22-2016, 2:39 PM
just cut the key off and push it into the lock then you can open it with a dime or any type of key

It's too bad you have to pretty much destroy the gas cap to get to the locking mech... I tried to take the tumblers out of mine so I could stick anything in there to turn it, but the way the cap is made makes it nearly useless when you get to cover off.

shortpork
04-22-2016, 2:55 PM
There are some weld on options. But that would involve cutting/grinding the stock tank to get it to fit how you want

sdustin
04-22-2016, 5:17 PM
Ok. How the hell had no one made an aftermarket solution. WTF

shortpork
04-22-2016, 8:09 PM
The weld on ones seems like a perfectly good solution to me. Even if you don't have a welder, someone could do it for pretty cheap.