PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to ANTI GRAVITY $180 battery??

TheVoyager
04-20-2016, 4:08 PM
Hi, I ran into a problem, have to switch to a smaller battery now, but the ANTI GRAVITY battery are out of my price range.
I was looking on TJ BRUTAL and he has them on at $179, and although I want to support that dude I just can't at the minute.
Are there any less expencive options? I need smaller as issues with my chain hitting new battery tray placement.

Thanks.

WarMullet
04-20-2016, 5:28 PM
Hi, I ran into a problem, have to switch to a smaller battery now, but the ANTI GRAVITY battery are out of my price range.
I was looking on TJ BRUTAL and he has them on at $179, and although I want to support that dude I just can't at the minute.
Are there any less expencive options? I need smaller as issues with my chain hitting new battery tray placement.

Thanks.
By anti gravity do you mean gel cell batts? I suppose the next question is cant AGM batts be positioned however?

Sky
04-20-2016, 8:20 PM
Anti gravity is a brand name of lithium batteries. Shoriai makes one that has as good a rep as a lithium can get.
AGM = Absorbed Glass Matt
And yes you can orient then almost any way you want.

WarMullet
04-20-2016, 8:28 PM
I was wondering when Lithium batts would make an appearance. Things you miss when you don't look. Any chance one might be able to make up a small bank of super capacitors? Think that'd be neat

Sky
04-20-2016, 8:39 PM
The Caps would drain too quick for the kind of bike TV is talking about.
Starter draw and the delayed spark of electronic ignition ,aka dead revs.
My thoughts anyway.

WarMullet
04-20-2016, 8:44 PM
The Caps would drain too quick for the kind of bike TV is talking about.
Starter draw and the delayed spark of electronic ignition ,aka dead revs.
My thoughts anyway.

A bank of caps could be regulated drain with resistors to match the stats of a batt. Might have have a micro-controller to regulate for startup and low charge situations but i think its completely feasable

well to do preppers are using super caps to battery back their houses.

Westboundbiker
04-21-2016, 6:17 AM
Dude, don't get a Li battery. So many horror stories- my buddy had one explode on him, and there's a whole thread on the main forum about issues with them.