PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha road star chop

Hozm
04-17-2016, 8:00 PM
I would like some help, with my project. I am looking to bob my Yamaha roadstar 1600 midnight and I need help, advise and know how.
My 1st question is can I drill in to the swing arm frame without compromising the strength? I have a rear fender with brackets that I want to attach to it.
2nd question I am putting a car tire in the rear fits almost perfect except for some light rubbing on the break bracket, can I grind it down a little without wearing it?
3rd painting, never painted in my life, do I have to remove the paint to the raw metal or can I wet sand it put a base coat and paint it another color? If I can't how do I get it to the raw metal?

SlyJJ
04-17-2016, 8:06 PM
I would like some help, with my project. I am looking to bob my Yamaha roadstar 1600 midnight and I need help, advise and know how.
My 1st question is can I drill in to the swing arm frame without compromising the strength? I have a rear fender with brackets that I want to attach to it.

Check the Japanese bikes forum- I think you're much more likely to get the proper support there. I've seen a couple of bitching chops on that forum.

Hozm
04-17-2016, 8:14 PM
Thanks