PDA

View Full Version : Cb400t scrambob



Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 4:29 AM
Hi all been working on my cb400t for a little under two years this is where I'm at now will fill in some of the back story soon enough . this is kind of a test run to get use to posting on this site.���� 68748

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 4:36 AM
That seemed to work good then. So I picked this bike up about three years ago and wanted to try something a little different this is also the first time I have built a bike so it's been quite a learning experience. This is the bike before I mutilated it.��68749

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 4:15 PM
As mentioned before I picked up this bike about three years back with the intention of getting it running and using it to ride to work but it didn't take long to work out it was going to need more than just tune up. I pulled the carbs and rebuilt them with a sigma6 kit so I could run straight pipes and pod filters.
Then I pulled the engine and stripped it down and found the cam chain slip guide was chewed out most probably from never having the chain tensioned.when I split the cases the sump was full of Teflon shavings. So it was a fully rebuilt. 687666876768768

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 4:17 PM
And here is the engine finished and painted.68769

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 4:31 PM
It was at about this time I started getting the idea to change to look of this bike and decided to test fit a front end I had from an xl350r and liked how it looked so after some quick measuring found if I made a collar for the bottom neck bearing I could use the standard cb400t steering bearings with very limited modification to the tree to make it work. 68770

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 6:08 PM
I decided I wanted to shorten up the rear end a little but didn't want to go the seat hoop route so lopped off the rear end and using the ends of the stamped frame to cap off the cut ends.i also moved the tank mounts back as the tank was hitting the larger front end.6877568776

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 6:13 PM
Once I had the frame work complete I stripped it and sprayed in satin black using vht rattle cans 6877768778

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 9:08 PM
Replaced wheel bearings front and back,respoked front rim with stainless spokes and fitted new tyres Dunlop 605's . Rebuilt front forks.made a seat pan and covered not real happy with it but was the first attempt at making a seat so will hang on to it till this things running then make another.modified and fitted some hagon shocks I found in a junk store.made up some wheel covers for the rear wheel taking some inspiration from the film lost boys.also picked up a tank from a cb200 but not sure if I'm going to use it at the moment.wrapped my pipes and fitted some emgo shorties I scored for a case of beer.fitted lights and guages and got the electrical system about 90% done.made a under seat elec box which brings us up to date.i may have missed out some stuff like fitting carbs replaced throttle cables etc.6879868799688006880168802

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 9:08 PM
68803

Sharkboy
04-13-2016, 9:11 PM
Starting on rebuilding front brake stripped cleaned and painted front caliper.brand new rotor on front wheel.purchased caliper rebuild kit and master cylinder rebuild kit. Purchased new pads and custom braided brake line and brand new caliper Pistons pics to follow.��

JWright
04-13-2016, 10:02 PM
nice progress. Im in the process of a cm400a build

Sharkboy
04-14-2016, 1:07 AM
Sweet I have another cb400t and a cb400n I'm going to do after this. I will be starting with the 400n that will have a cb900f front end and rear wheel and will be cafe styled with modified sub frame and the other 400t haven't decided yet

Sharkboy
04-15-2016, 3:32 AM
Finished off the electrical system today.🤘

Sharkboy
04-23-2016, 4:22 AM
Tidied up the last of the wires today and stripped the front master cylinder ready for paint and rebuild. Painted and fitted the battery box.once I get a battery I can fire this baby up for the first time in just over two years.

Sharkboy
04-27-2016, 12:56 AM
Tidied up the last of the wires today and stripped the front master cylinder ready for paint and rebuild. Painted and fitted the battery box.once I get a battery I can fire this baby up for the first time in just over two years.

Master cylinder almost ready for paint. Scored an old toaster oven off my folks so 69226gonna hit it with vht hi temp brake paint and bake it.also made up some rubbers for the front tank mounts. And made a bracket for the rear mount. 6922469225

Sharkboy
05-06-2016, 3:12 AM
Finished rebuilding my caliper and fitted and started rebuilding the master cylinder then got a bit side tracked with making a new seat really didn't like my first attempt this time I'm trying my hand at fibre glass and aiming for a more fitted streamline seat .6940069401694026940369404