PDA

View Full Version : New Vstar with really cool Raw metal tank OPINIONS WELCOME!

clutch88
04-12-2016, 2:51 PM
Hi all, here are some pics of my latest build using a 1999 vstar 650. I completely restored it and did what I think is a really cool raw metal tank and fender design using different abrasive materials to give it a two tone look. I also created my logo using a stencil and causing the metal to rust then I immediately powder coated both the tank and fender. I also created a microphone tail lamp using a replica off ebay and running 9 L.E.D lights inside then mounting it to my side mount license plate bracket. Anyways I am always curious what folks think about my builds I appreciate all comments and opinions good and bad. Just trying to become the best I can be. The bike is currently listed on ebay with no reserve and I already have a bid so it will be going to a new home soon.

Frankyp07
04-14-2016, 5:07 PM
I like it. A pic of the tail light would of also been handy.

kadnum
04-14-2016, 7:43 PM
Very nice job on the tank. Looks awesome :clap for you:

clutch88
04-20-2016, 11:42 AM
I like it. A pic of the tail light would of also been handy.

Thanks sorry about the missing shots I was having trouble uploading pictures. I was trying to put the tail light up in the classifieds but I cant seem to figure it out. Here are some more.

clutch88
04-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Very nice job on the tank. Looks awesome :clap for you:

Thanks kadnum! I appreciate the feedback.

WarMullet
04-20-2016, 8:54 PM
I sinseriosuly considered having my tank brushed then clear coating over it, but I have the damn honda badge blemishes. So I'm stuck with bondo and paint. Looks great

shortpork
04-21-2016, 6:28 PM
Im not a huge fan of the bare metal look. From what I can tell you did a great job on it though. Tires and bars are a little big for me as well. It all looks super clean though man, nice job.