PDA

View Full Version : Attn: small business's, your garment quality has been SUCKING

mrhammer2u
03-30-2016, 9:18 AM
I'm 3 for 3 in receiving shit quality product this year (gloves and hats) from the small business guys that participate here and other social media. I'm not looking to call out these people but wanted to make a PSA that if you want people to SUPPORT home grown small business,...you really need to step up your quality game. The 3 products received were all deformed and if they had a visual inspection they would have been tossed in the reject pile. So I see what's going on here. You're seeking out the cheapest overseas manufacturer to make your crap and serving it to us as "quality small business goods from American business owners". I understand this is capitalism at it's best, but if you don't trust them to inspect your crap then do it yourself before you send it to me!

And FYI....when we go to your website we're not expecting you to be competitive with Walmart. We're expecting to pay more. So don't give me any BS about cost. I'll pay the extra $2.00 AND I'll be a repeat customer.

Sorry for the rant. My 1 year old gave me hell this morning so off to bad start. Then I get to my office where my deformed hat was waiting for me. I haven't tried on the shirt yet so I might be 4 for 4.....

AMFshovelheads
03-30-2016, 9:23 AM
I run an ad blocker so I don't know all the companies advertising here but if you're talking about loser machine you're 100% right.

mrhammer2u
03-30-2016, 9:37 AM
I run an ad blocker so I don't know all the companies advertising here but if you're talking about loser machine you're 100% right.

Not Loser Machine but I guess there's another example for ya......

Parrot76
03-31-2016, 9:57 AM
hoping this has nothing to do with the gloves im about to drop $100+ on

vonhelmet
03-31-2016, 10:21 AM
Dude, go to the hardware store and buy a pair of $10 leather work gloves, soak em in hot water for a bit then go do some yard work in them. They will form to your hands and they will be your favorite riding gloves.

Blackbetty
03-31-2016, 10:25 AM
Once I got some tillman drivers gloves I've never gone back.

Fishonsc
03-31-2016, 11:35 AM
Dude, go to the hardware store and buy a pair of $10 leather work gloves, soak em in hot water for a bit then go do some yard work in them. They will form to your hands and they will be your favorite riding gloves.

My favorite pair of gloves I got out of the $5 bin at Lowe's. About time for some new ones. Should have bought 3 or 4 pairs.

mrhammer2u
03-31-2016, 12:01 PM
hoping this has nothing to do with the gloves im about to drop $100+ on

Just make sure they have refunds. DM me and tell me who you're buying from and I'll let u know.

slinginrods
03-31-2016, 12:44 PM
Nothing like a shitty 28.00 t shirt. When I had my shop I paid about 14.00 apeice for quality t-shirts with one color screen printed on front pocket and full back graphic. So I'm sure prices are up but mine were 100℅ made in the USA from the artwork by me to the screen printed and T-shirt itself.so there's really no excuse to get crappy stuff.

Parrot76
03-31-2016, 8:10 PM
ive had a few pairs of those, i like them fancy ones nowadays

mrhammer2u
03-31-2016, 9:03 PM
ive had a few pairs of those, i like them fancy ones nowadays

The shit gloves I received were $100 gloves. My fav gloves are my $20 mechanix. For cold weather I have my $15 fake leather lined gauntlets which actually fit well, look good and work. Not sure why Americans can't make a $100 glove that can compete with a $15 Asian glove. As I've said before, I'm willing to pay more for US made. But my patriotism is trumped by my desire to feed my family.....so I can't just piss money away.

Parrot76
04-01-2016, 9:36 AM
The shit gloves I received were $100 gloves. My fav gloves are my $20 mechanix. For cold weather I have my $15 fake leather lined gauntlets which actually fit well, look good and work. Not sure why Americans can't make a $100 glove that can compete with a $15 Asian glove. As I've said before, I'm willing to pay more for US made. But my patriotism is trumped by my desire to feed my family.....so I can't just piss money away.

I like the extra protection of those leather sport bike gloves, they fit really nice too. Most of them look like weird nonsense but i buy these cheap ones from Cycle Gear usually, had 2 pairs of the same style for about 5 years. They were on sale for 20ish the first pair and 30ish the second pair. Theyre warm enough to wear until it hits about 45ish degrees and not too hot in the summer.

BuddhahoodVato
04-01-2016, 1:59 PM
I try to steer clear of what's hip, and stick to what I know.
Your probably right on all counts,
but there is one small bizzness on here that stands for quality, par excellence,
OGivens decals are to die for, shit isn't no joke.
But I digress, quality is quality.

Natehate
04-01-2016, 6:03 PM
http://www.sullivanglove.com/

AMERICA!

and not 100 bucks

not 5 either thou

fraggle
04-03-2016, 4:35 AM

I do this every time.
You can even get thinsulate linings for winter.