PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Swingarm Frame - No Struts

CHEN
03-22-2016, 9:27 PM
What are your thoughts on this setup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3tvrtcr4aQ

Rigid swingarm. Not strutted but rigid via plate bolted onto swingarm and frame. this would definitely keep the width of the bike a lot skinnier and clean up the look in the back. Any concerns regarding strength of swingarm or the mount? Good idea or bad idea? I like the way it looks, but will it survive?

FatChibs
03-22-2016, 9:42 PM
the fender is the failure point. looks clean though. if they have enough money to buy gen shovels why resort to such things to hard tail it. it looks aight but fuggit

53rigid
03-23-2016, 6:16 AM
what kind of pussy has to have a friend start his fucking bike. Looks cool though, but I would still hardtail it.

slinginrods
03-24-2016, 7:29 PM
Dude was just probly tired of kicking. Both bikes are killer but ,I'd either run it with covered shocks or just hardtail it.

dirtygrotonscoundrel
03-25-2016, 1:33 AM
I think the reason that guy has that setup is to follow Japan's retard laws regarding frames. Pretty cool idea though I think. Definitely original.

farmall
03-25-2016, 8:26 AM
If that's the case it is pretty neat, and it does preserve what will eventually be a valuable frame. I'd run shocks but to each his own.

None
03-25-2016, 9:57 AM
Roads are so good in Japan that hardtails are quite reasonable ... only so many kicks any tennis shoe can cope with.

BurnoutNova
03-25-2016, 12:59 PM
I dont like it... but I am not a fan of the "i wanna be different at any expense" type of stuff. Not talking shit just saying run shocks or run a rigid frame.