PDA

View Full Version : 1979 cb750 build (opinions welcome)

clutch88
03-22-2016, 11:15 AM
I just finished this 1979 cb750 build. It was stripped and repainted. I hand made the fiberglass tail section and used a 1975 cb750 fuel tank. It has firestone tires side mount license plate/ tail light and dirt tracker type handle bars with bar end mirror and retro coke bottle grips. It has pod filters with a 4 into 1 wrapped exhaust and piggy back suspension in the rear. Everything has been freshly serviced from carbs to new chain and sprockets and brake fluid. I am about to list it on ebay and wanted to get your feedback. How much would you list this bike for? All critics are welcome.

Exit39
03-22-2016, 2:11 PM
Cool scoot - tastefully done. I have no idea what to ask, but let me know when it's up as I'd like to follow it to see what it gets. Nice job :)

Biskyxj
03-22-2016, 2:12 PM
I am no expert, but I would say that your time and quality craftsmanship are worth quite a bit. Itcs a nice looking bike bro. If it were mine I would ask $5500 and leave some room to haggle.

clutch88
03-22-2016, 5:15 PM
Thanks alot I really appreciate the feedback and compliments! I am going to list it on ebay this evening I will post a link once its up.

Rocs
03-23-2016, 1:28 PM
Thanks alot I really appreciate the feedback and compliments! I am going to list it on ebay this evening I will post a link once its up.

I am familiar with 70's CB's and have watched a few auctions on ebay. I would say this bike will see North of $5500. Custom builds are going for really good money on ebay. I would not be surprised if this fetched closer to $7k with the right exposure and this time of season.

Best of luck!