PDA

View Full Version : MSO in Florida

mkb1991
03-20-2016, 8:16 AM
Im getting ready to have a custom build project. Starting with a new Pachugo frame with the MSO. I will have a 78 shovel motor only without title same story on the trans. rest of the bike is parts i have lying around. I need to know exactly how difficult this is or could be? I have heard horror stories of people having to jump through 1000 hoops just to get it legal! Located in Florida Any information would be much appreciated!

Jonnycakes
03-20-2016, 3:11 PM
You'll need bills of sale with the donor bike's vin number for used parts and a way to contact the seller.

mkb1991
03-20-2016, 3:19 PM
what if i was to title just the frame? law enforcement just really pay attention to motor and trans vins?

farmall
03-20-2016, 4:59 PM
You'd better check with DMV about current laws then see what those laws are IN PRINT.

Did you already buy everything assuming you'd get a title? The smart way is always buy a titled frame/roller/wreck with clean paper. The hard-headed way is "me have stuff I didn't systematically document beforehand but want title".

One way = no hoops.

mkb1991
03-20-2016, 5:19 PM
i spoke with the DMV already and they said for an MSO all i would need is, MSO bill of sale and my license.although i didnt say anything about a motor and trans just spoke of the frame?

docmel
03-21-2016, 9:29 AM
You are already going thru a 1000 hoops by asking for the 1000's of shit house lawyer opinions on the I-net, to include me. Experience has shown me:

1. Keep an organized folder of every receipt, peice of paper, etc that relates to the bike. Show you are organized and that will get you a long way

2. Find a DMV office, and keep going to the same one thru the entire process. Fuck calling around, etc, etc.........All you get is the run around by calling. Get to where the guys at the local DMV office know your face and name. That way you will eventually become a customer instead of a number, and then they cant hide or blame someone else for delays or inconsistent information requirements

3. Stay patient and follow their instructions, no matter how lame, unfair, or redundant they may sound. Eat shit and smile............

4. When it gets old, see number 3 above

docmel
03-21-2016, 9:35 AM
And one last thing. The assumption, "law enforcement just really pay attention to motor and trans vins"? isnt the way to go into this. Improper numbers, assembly of such, etc, is a GOOD BUST for any officer. And the jails are full of people that did the wrong thing. The reason shit got so hard in the first place was because of thieves.

Not saying you are on this track, but get to face to face with the people that will be checking out your build. Get your questions prepared before you visit them. Dont expect them to spoon feed you with every requirement, and expect to be told of another new requirement every time you go there.

numberonewing
03-21-2016, 6:55 PM
a guy on here from florida got me a title was 350 buks werth it u can also register as homemade just need good bill sale from motor n tran n mso n register as spec construction

Jonnycakes
03-22-2016, 7:26 PM
I did an assembled from parts title on my hondamatic build in Tampa a few years back......easy if you have receipts/bill of sale with vins for the big parts like engine trans wheels tank fenders and frame. The inspection took all of 5 min and I had a title and sticker on the frame.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/bre/84490.pdf

https://www.flhsmv.gov/offices/charlotte.html go to one of these offices, act naive and let them be the experts and they will help you get the right info down on the forms