PDA

View Full Version : Sickest psychobilly band of all time?

hammey13
06-08-2010, 2:04 AM
Want yourr opinion. Who is the sickest psycho billy band of all time?

TemeculaTerry
06-08-2010, 8:56 AM
Hands down: THE CRAMPS

NHMike
06-08-2010, 9:16 AM
http://www.sickabilly.com/fr_welcome.cfm

Fucking AWESOME band. Seen them many times.

NATAS
06-08-2010, 9:54 AM
2 Story Doublewide!

ditto
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM

werd up muthafuckahh

username
06-08-2010, 1:46 PM
barnyard ballers

StoneHead
06-08-2010, 2:28 PM

werd up muthafuckahh

uhyup

badmojo
06-08-2010, 6:00 PM
DEMENTED ARE GO thats all you need to know,and OTMAPP!!
PSYCHO FOREVER!!!!

rick667
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
The Meteors

justinspace
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM

winner winner chicken dinner

Tikipunx
06-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Motley Crue!

willythepirate
06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
What the fuck is psychobilly??

SB666
06-22-2010, 7:49 AM
classic....meteors. current......tiger army

badmojo
06-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Not Tiger Army,try some Canadian psycho like The Matadors,The Farrell Bros and Raygun Cowboys!!

JapJeff
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Always liked the Stray Cats.

username
06-23-2010, 4:29 AM
Always liked the Stray Cats.

straycats are psycho?thats like saying avril levine is punk rock

JapJeff
06-23-2010, 10:12 AM
straycats are psycho?thats like saying avril levine is punk rock

OMG you mean she 's not well that just fucked up my day.

Psychophilly666
06-24-2010, 2:41 PM
Ok let’s get some shit straight, Tiger Army and the Cramps are NOT PSYCHOBILLY BANDS, both bands have said so, and I love the Cramps.

Number one Psycho band will always be THE METEORS. OTMAPP. Guana Batz, Torment, Los Gatos Locos, The Quakes, Godless Wicked Creeps, Sharks, Krewmen, The Pharaohs...etc etc. I could go on for fuckin HOURS. Some good Canadian psycho is definitely Gutter Demons. By the way I play in a Chicago Psychobilly band.

inxs
06-24-2010, 6:23 PM
The Creepshow & The Horrorpops...Something about a hot chicks and punk music is sexy for sure! The Brains are good too.

JohnnyWolf
06-24-2010, 7:15 PM
http://www.sickabilly.com/fr_welcome.cfm

Fucking AWESOME band. Seen them many times.

My band played with them a few times. I'm the founding drummer for No Dice for "those in the know".

This thread is a riot, Stay Cats "Psychobilly" that was some funny shit right there, and Horrorpops "Punk". LMAO.

There is a basic break down (with many sub categories in between) for today's rockabilly, and it goes as follows:

"Traditional"
"Reved-up"
"Psycho"

My favorite (which No Dice falls into) is Reved up. The all time best though in that category is Blazing Haley which in the early days of No Dice used to get compared to frequently. Best complement we ever got. Another in that category would be Reverend Horton Heat which contrary to popular belief is NOT psychoibilly.

Class dismissed.

Psychophilly666
06-24-2010, 8:35 PM
My band played with Sasquatch a couple times too. I'm in the Chicago psycho band Johnny Murder & the 25 to Life.

TemeculaTerry
06-24-2010, 9:14 PM
Ok letís get some shit straight, Tiger Army and the Cramps are NOT PSYCHOBILLY BANDS, both bands have said so, and I love the Cramps.

Number one Psycho band will always be THE METEORS. OTMAPP. Guana Batz, Torment, Los Gatos Locos, The Quakes, Godless Wicked Creeps, Sharks, Krewmen, The Pharaohs...etc etc. I could go on for fuckin HOURS. Some good Canadian psycho is definitely Gutter Demons. By the way I play in a Chicago Psychobilly band.

Curious, because Im just a stupid ol' retired punker, I am wondering what genre you would place the Cramps if not psychobilly? sort of confused here.

Psychophilly666
06-25-2010, 3:18 PM
I'd say they have more of a Garage/Punk influence, Im really not much for lables anyone can play whatever the fuck they want to play without having a genre.

Hooligan80
07-14-2010, 4:17 AM
My band played with them a few times. I'm the founding drummer for No Dice for "those in the know".

This thread is a riot, Stay Cats "Psychobilly" that was some funny shit right there, and Horrorpops "Punk". LMAO.

There is a basic break down (with many sub categories in between) for today's rockabilly, and it goes as follows:

"Traditional"
"Reved-up"
"Psycho"

My favorite (which No Dice falls into) is Reved up. The all time best though in that category is Blazing Haley which in the early days of No Dice used to get compared to frequently. Best complement we ever got. Another in that category would be Reverend Horton Heat which contrary to popular belief is NOT psychoibilly.

Class dismissed.

Haha,Horrorpops have stated they are punk on many occasions,and Tiger Army sucks. Cramp disassociated themselves from Psychobilly a long time ago. Reverend Horton Heat calls his band a Psychobilly band on many occasions.

My list The M3T3ORS,Los Gatos Locos,Klingons,,Demented are Go,Demented Scumcats,Rezurex,Long Tall Texans,The Sharks, and a few others.

LowbrowCustoms
07-14-2010, 6:27 AM
I'm going with the Meteors and Demented Are Go

savage454
07-14-2010, 8:38 AM
Haha I love scenesters. Class dismissed.

scissors883
07-14-2010, 9:48 PM
Does Horrorpops count? I Love Patrica Day!

Hooligan80
07-15-2010, 7:09 PM
Does Horrorpops count? I Love Patrica Day!

Nope..Horrorpops are NOT psychobilly. Those are words out of Patricia and Kim's own mouths.

undeadfred1
07-17-2010, 7:49 PM
ive gotta vote for nekromantix. lot of good bands that could be competition, but i judge on which one graces my stereo more. (im sure someone will tell me they arn't or whatever, dont really care, i only dabble in psychobilly on occasion im more of a punk rock kinda guy)

hanshan29
07-18-2010, 8:04 PM
Not Tiger Army,try some Canadian psycho like The Matadors,The Farrell Bros and Raygun Cowboys!!

Agreed! Huge Matadors fan and will look into the others.

Psychophilly666
07-18-2010, 8:34 PM
Agreed! Huge Matadors fan and will look into the others.

Like I was saying check out Gutter Demons also. I like the Alley Dukes too, they dont have much psychobilly in the music though. Matadors are better live than on record, it took me a while to get used to them on record, to much horror punk for me, but I've come around a bit.

badmojo
07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Well The Matadors dont call themselves psychobilly,they are horrorbilly,which is pretty much the same thing,but the Gutter Demons were a great band,along with the Brains,id not heard much Canadian psycho till i moved there from England,i was surprised how healthy the scene was,it got pretty bleak in the early 90s in England,but its getting stronger,so i hear!!

Psychophilly666
07-18-2010, 10:36 PM
True true, that they do. I will be playing with the Brains again come September in Chicago, fun band with lots of energy, damn good showman too.

Yeah, I got a lot of friends in UK that have been into it since the 80's, finally some younger bands have been breaking through.

Hooligan80
07-19-2010, 4:57 AM
ive gotta vote for nekromantix. lot of good bands that could be competition, but i judge on which one graces my stereo more. (im sure someone will tell me they arn't or whatever, dont really care, i only dabble in psychobilly on occasion im more of a punk rock kinda guy)

Actually,I'm friends with Kim,going to see them soon in Apple Valley with The Mutilators. They are a great old school Psycho band(Anyone that says they aren't old school can shove it,considering Psychobilly has only been around since '79 and Nekro was plating show in and around '85 and '86,then released their first album in '89).

Hooligan80
07-19-2010, 4:58 AM
Like I was saying check out Gutter Demons also. I like the Alley Dukes too, they dont have much psychobilly in the music though. Matadors are better live than on record, it took me a while to get used to them on record, to much horror punk for me, but I've come around a bit.

Didn't Gutter Demons break up thought? They are an awesome band,and I love their sound.

FestersGarage
08-03-2010, 7:22 PM
DEMENTED ARE GO!!!, Sick City Daggers (from San Antonio tx) Klingonz,