PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to build a custom Shadow VLX, need help sourcing!

ElectricWizard666
03-14-2016, 8:42 AM
Hey fellow Cult members!

Brand new to the Cult and I'm wanting to get back in the building/customizing game with a Honda Shadow VLX 600. I cut up and completely rebuilt a stock 1987 Suzuki Savage with mostly Blue Collar Bobber kits as my first build. With some hiccups, trial and error, a bunch of hours and PBR's later, I had a sweet little one lung thumper. I loved it but had to sell it when I moved from California to Oregon. Ive seen some great Shadow builds on here and think that will be a great place for me start another build. I'm having some trouble finding online sources for parts, specifically gas tanks. Also, Im looking for a rear fender that will support a female passenger of about 130 pounds. Any help, thoughts, pics, personal experiences, trial and errors would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking and ride safe!

cheers

motorbikejoey760
03-14-2016, 1:53 PM
Check out TJ brutal customs http://shoptjbc.com/ he has every thing you need .

ElectricWizard666
03-14-2016, 2:58 PM
Thanks man, great start!

ElectricWizard666
03-14-2016, 3:05 PM
Also, is there any site to pick up a dual backbone gas tank, or should I just convert the frame into a single? The latter seems like the way to go.

sdustin
03-14-2016, 9:34 PM
What kind of tank are you wanting? Cause there are plenty of options with out hacking the backbone

ElectricWizard666
03-14-2016, 9:52 PM
What kind of tank are you wanting? Cause there are plenty of options with out hacking the backbone

Im looking for a narrow sporty style tank or a just a narrow tank in general, Im not a huge fan of the VLX stock tank

sdustin
03-15-2016, 12:41 AM
Tj brutal customs has a mini peanut tank and a regular sized one as well I belive.