PDA

View Full Version : the new Honda VT1300CX

SportsterBob
06-06-2010, 2:37 AM
Today one customer brought this new Honda to our shop. I think it looks very clean. Nothing I would ride but I think it will sell itself very good!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/l_2d49510d81db4828a1bc9abc3bc5e101.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/131/l_f802676b47cd4b3d84d5d929aaafd8a7.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/139/l_59bad348141641119f63a2b4e37b96b7.jpg

harpguy74
06-06-2010, 9:19 AM
one of my riding buddys just got one of those.its called the honda fury chopper. chopper my ass! it is ugly as hell in my opinion, it reminds me to much of a OCC kinda thing. the one thing it has going for it is that i does sound good with the stock exhaust and being a honda it will never break down. too each there own but i am not a fan. and i wich people would stop calling everything a chopper.

number1son
06-06-2010, 9:57 AM
one of my riding buddys just got one of those.its called the honda fury chopper. chopper my ass! it is ugly as hell in my opinion, it reminds me to much of a OCC kinda thing. the one thing it has going for it is that i does sound good with the stock exhaust and being a honda it will never break down. too each there own but i am not a fan. and i wich people would stop calling everything a chopper.

What do you mean that's not a chopper the turn signals have been removed and the taillight has been swapped for a smaller sidemount.

number1son
06-06-2010, 9:58 AM
Honda did do a good job of hiding the radiator though.

SportsterBob
06-06-2010, 11:10 AM
it really do look like one of the OCC bikes. but this is what 90% of the normal bike rider want and they got a ready bike or "chopper"
I never would ride it. I'm more an old crapy sporster rider.....

Sighless
06-07-2010, 1:03 PM
Nice; but I don't see any duc tape, chipped paint, zip ties, so not my style.

convergecult
06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
"Mid-life crisis wish I was a harley" bike.

aftermath
06-06-2013, 5:44 AM
"Mid-life crisis wish I was a harley" bike.

Harley wished they could build a bike this dependable and is good looking!

aftermath
06-06-2013, 5:45 AM
Or this.

Tuesdayclub
06-06-2013, 6:27 AM
Well Honda didn't build a bike that "good looking" either. Both of those Fury's have had work done to them. Also, did you really feel the need to defend your Fury's honor against a 3 year old post?

aftermath
06-06-2013, 7:26 AM
Lol....no need to defend it, just throwing it out there for discussion that's all. I figured I'd bring something new to the forum since most on here haven't seen many modified or up graded Fury's. there still relatively new and a lot going on with customizing them.

JamesM
06-06-2013, 7:30 AM
I don't care what brand it is, it's gaudy looking. Change out the seat, tank, rear fender, bars, etc... and add rails to the swing arm to make it look like a Softail and it could look a lot cleaner.

Tuesdayclub
06-06-2013, 7:49 AM
I'm not trying to run you off, since I see you're new here but the reason you haven't seen much discussion about them is they don't really fit what CC is about. Most here aren't about the fat rear tire, wedge mirrors and skull brake lever having choppers. Like The poster above said, start changing the tank, fenders, wheels, etc. then we're talking

BSAshovel
06-06-2013, 8:49 AM
not my style, but I think its great for a major manufacturer to build something like this.

ride it stock, or build it to customize it, the point is to have fun, & most people here like to be different, and the majority here want to change their bike from stock, but whatever you do, have fun, & be safe!

Randy

aftermath
06-06-2013, 5:37 PM
not my style, but I think its great for a major manufacturer to build something like this.

ride it stock, or build it to customize it, the point is to have fun, & most people here like to be different, and the majority here want to change their bike from stock, but whatever you do, have fun, & be safe!

Randy
Thank you Your rite it about riding and having fun. I just wanted to See what kind of community you guys have hear by your responses to the bike. I've been riding and building bike for 25 years. I've had alot if bikes bikes from H2 750's, SX650 bobbers, Cb650 bobbers, 81 kz with 500 hours of custom work in to it 81 xlch chopper and a Gsxr's. not including my collection of dirt bikes. I choose to buy the fury becouse it dose stand out and is diferent from the crowd. It's one in a group of 2000 HD's and one in in every 20 chopped SX Bobbers. It might not live up to every ones idea here but it does to me. It is my daily rider that i put over 6000 miles on a year. I just like to learn alittle from all styles of bike builders and not keep a closed mind when some one else brings somthing new to the table.

Tuesdayclub
06-06-2013, 6:06 PM
But what are you bringing new to the table? Those bikes don't appear to have anything done to them other than the typical bolt on parts.

JamesM
06-06-2013, 6:13 PM
Thank you Your rite it about riding and having fun. I just wanted to See what kind of community you guys have hear by your responses to the bike. I've been riding and building bike for 25 years. I've had alot if bikes bikes from H2 750's, SX650 bobbers, Cb650 bobbers, 81 kz with 500 hours of custom work in to it 81 xlch chopper and a Gsxr's. not including my collection of dirt bikes. I choose to buy the fury becouse it dose stand out and is diferent from the crowd. It's one in a group of 2000 HD's and one in in every 20 chopped SX Bobbers. It might not live up to every ones idea here but it does to me. It is my daily rider that i put over 6000 miles on a year. I just like to learn alittle from all styles of bike builders and not keep a closed mind when some one else brings somthing new to the table.

Dude, come on. You didn't just say "Oh, here's my bike guys. It's fun and I like it"

No, you bumped a three year old thread to say "Harley wished they could build a bike this dependable and is good looking!"

And then when you got a fish on your hook you explode into a paragraph to explain your whole bike career.

Don't you get enough attention or something?

aftermath
06-06-2013, 7:56 PM
Look I join just to get attention. There are quite a few threads regarding or questioning the honda fury and this is the thread that I choose to post on that's all. I can start a new thread but I don't feel that the out come would be any diferent. I know that The first person that actually owns and ride this bike that posted here would be attacked regardless of how they did it. It just shows how small minded some of you are. Look I'm not looking for a battle and I surely don't have to defend what I ride or choose to build. I have friends all over this country that are breaking new grounds with this bike and some of you could only hope to come up with some of the one off hand made parts.. Now that don't get me wrong that does not apply to all or the majority here but some.. The culture here has alot to offer and I'm hoping to bridge that gap md bring some new ideas into the fury culture. Here is a friend of mines fury with a shit tone of hand build parts, including home made aire ride, fender, seat, pipes "two to three sets" intake, swingarm, lower fork tube covers, uppers, bars and speedo. oh and lets not forget the moded frame. And he can still ride the Bike more than 50 miles. Some if you guys seam to be worse that the worse Harley douches! Oh and I'm not trying to disrespect the guys on here that have real vision and talent. I will gracefully back out of this discussion.

aftermath
06-06-2013, 8:00 PM
Dude, come on. You didn't just say "Oh, here's my bike guys. It's fun and I like it"

No, you bumped a three year old thread to say "Harley wished they could build a bike this dependable and is good looking!"

And then when you got a fish on your hook you explode into a paragraph to explain your whole bike career.

Don't you get enough attention or something?

Now that was funny. I like your response to my post! Lol

Massyamaha
06-06-2013, 8:08 PM
Certainly not my style, id rather be in a gnarly xs at 50 years old.