PDA

View Full Version : HONDA SHADOW - GRAVITY FEED? (91 vlx600)

TheVoyager
02-26-2016, 3:35 PM
Hi.

I want to remove the fuel pump and filter that comes on my 91 vlx600. It's big, bulky and even the later ones were gravity fed.

My petcock sits behind the carb fuel inlet, and it's practiclly at the same height, but after I have looped the fuel hose around to the carb inlet the fuel hose dips slightly down and back up, will this work? Can I still 'gravity' feed, I heard as long as the fuel tank is above the carb it should be ok?? Love to hear you thoughts.

I need help.

Thank you.

farmall
02-26-2016, 5:23 PM
Fuel flows downhill (gravity is pretty reliabile) so if your carb is below all or nearly all of the lowest protrusion of your petcock bung into your tank you can use basically all the tank capacity.

If in doubt, you can pour a measured amount into any particular tank/bung/petcock combo then open the fuel valve and measure how much flows out. Keep in mind few stock tanks drain absolutely dry due to their shape.

Slamgears
02-28-2016, 9:09 AM
Fuel flows downhill (gravity is pretty reliabile) so if your carb is below all or nearly all of the lowest protrusion of your petcock bung into your tank you can use basically all the tank capacity.

If in doubt, you can pour a measured amount into any particular tank/bung/petcock combo then open the fuel valve and measure how much flows out. Keep in mind few stock tanks drain absolutely dry due to their shape.

Farmall is correctamundo. It'll work flawlessly. Check out TJBrutal Customs FAQ page, he's done it on justa bout every year shadow