PDA

View Full Version : OEM replacement tins

teal
02-21-2016, 9:15 AM
All -

Checking to see if anyone knows (I have a question before I can call a dealership) if OEM replacement tins come painted?

Specifically looking to purchase an Iron 883 EFI sporty tank. Sure I can get one off Ebay - IF the seller doesn't scam me etc but I was just curious - can I order one from the MoCo and it comes painted, ready to mount? Round about cost? (if resorting to Ebay then I know what's a good price or not)

Wanting to replace a tank on a 48 for a little more range without changing the overall aesthetic of the bike's shape too much.

Thanks much.

docmel
02-21-2016, 11:00 AM
All -

Checking to see if anyone knows (I have a question before I can call a dealership) if OEM replacement tins come painted?

Specifically looking to purchase an Iron 883 EFI sporty tank. Sure I can get one off Ebay - IF the seller doesn't scam me etc but I was just curious - can I order one from the MoCo and it comes painted, ready to mount? Round about cost? (if resorting to Ebay then I know what's a good price or not)

Wanting to replace a tank on a 48 for a little more range without changing the overall aesthetic of the bike's shape too much.

Thanks much.

Moco will cost you an arm and leg: Big time. Ebay is fine, just look at the sellers past rep, right there on the site. Most ebayers with any type of history that is good will not rip you off. Communicate closely with the seller to be sure what you will get is what you will expect. Try craigslist in your area as well, just use your common sense

teal
02-21-2016, 8:57 PM
Ebay seems to be in that 400 or so range for a tank. I can get a re-pop from J&P and a case of paint for less.