PDA

View Full Version : Club wins lawsuit against Big bro

Revelator
02-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Always a constant battle going on for Our Freedoms, Nothing new there.

But It's always nice to see Freedom prevail over tyranny once in awhile.

IDAHO MOTORCYCLE CLUB WINS SETTLEMENT OVER CLUBHOUSE RAID
Ten members of the Brother Speed MC, along with the club itself, will be splitting a $16,500 payment from the United States government, to settle their lawsuit over a 2013 raid on their Nampa clubhouse that yielded no charges.

The club and its members sued numerous federal agents and the United States, saying their civil rights were violated when federal agents serving a search warrant broke down the door, set off flash-bang grenades, and sent dozens of heavily armed SWAT team members into the small home. The club members were detained for up to three hours while agents forcibly removed their personal property, including their clothing, and confiscated club memorabilia, according to the club’s attorney, Craig Durham. “These were regular guys minding their own business that night,” Durham told The Spokesman-Review newspaper. “They were not a threat, and there was no call for the use of terrifying, military-style tactics to serve a simple search warrant.”

The government admitted no wrongdoing but agreed to the settlement, under which the club will receive $4,000, and the individual members will receive payments ranging from $500 to $2,500.

“This was never about money,” said chapter president Daniel Bugli. “It was about standing up for our rights as citizens and members of this community. Law enforcement officers shouldn’t be able to run roughshod over people’s rights based on speculation and assumptions.”

:clap for you:

And then there is This one in the works.........................

BIKERS’ LAWYER FILES CIVIL RIGHTS LAWSUIT AGAINST VEGAS POLICE
A Nevada lawyer who represents motorcycle clubs has filed a federal civil rights, false arrest and negligence lawsuit against Las Vegas police after he was acquitted in March of a misdemeanor obstruction charge.

Southern Nevada Confederation of Clubs (COC) attorney Stephen Stubbs alleges that a Las Vegas practice of harassing motorcycle club members led to his arrest in November 2013, and that being found not guilty by a local judge showed the arrest was improper. Stubbs told the Associated Press (AP) that he was prevented from representing a member of the Bikers for Christ motorcycle ministry who was being questioned by police, and who is a plaintiff in a recent lawsuit seeking at least $75,000 in damages from the department.

Stubbs is representing members of biker groups, including the Mongols, Vagos, Stray Cats and Bandidos in a federal civil rights complaint filed in June 2012 alleging harassment by Las Vegas and other area police. The lawsuit is pending in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas. It was filed a day after a meeting of Mongols national leaders in Boulder City was monitored by hundreds of local and state police and federal agents

47str8leg
02-20-2016, 1:14 PM
Happy to hear it . Fuck RICO and fuck the feds.

trikerdrew
02-20-2016, 1:18 PM
Top feller. Stick it to the MAN,lol😀

Shovel52
02-20-2016, 4:42 PM
My 17 year old got thrown in jail for trespassing last week by the sheriff.....While he was in there he got jumped by 7 African Americans he was the only caucasian in the place..not that race matters....but they said because white boy..they picked him up and threw him on the ground and dislocated his shoulder and kicked him repeatedly.....he says there was no guards in there or video cameras...he has to go to court soon,,do you think I would have a suit against the sheriffs dept? ....they are supposed to protect minors.

BeastMode
02-20-2016, 7:29 PM
My 17 year old got thrown in jail for trespassing last week by the sheriff.....While he was in there he got jumped by 7 African Americans he was the only caucasian in the place..not that race matters....but they said because white boy..they picked him up and threw him on the ground and dislocated his shoulder and kicked him repeatedly.....he says there was no guards in there or video cameras...he has to go to court soon,,do you think I would have a suit against the sheriffs dept? ....they are supposed to protect minors.

I've been to jail plenty of times and had the best lawyer in my city a few times.. It would most likely cost you more in lawyer fees than its worth. He got a beating and I'm sure he learned something from that situation. Just try to move on and hopefully he doesn't get into any trouble in the future.

OleDirtyDoc
02-21-2016, 11:06 AM

Yeah and cops are also supposed to obey the law;)

OleDirtyDoc
02-21-2016, 11:07 AM
Happy to hear it . Fuck RICO and fuck the feds.

A fucking men