PDA

View Full Version : 70's amf tanks

Ridefree70
02-19-2016, 3:51 PM
Can one piece amf fx tanks look good?

theIVthcrusade
02-19-2016, 4:01 PM
I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the "turtle" tanks? I think they look awesome... but I have no idea what you think looks good.

outlawTA
02-19-2016, 5:09 PM
If you do mean the turtle tanks, I have one from an old superglide with a dish job older than me. It's a killer looking tank. Sexiest dish I have ever seen. Has some history too according to the previous owners story. I'll throw a picture up later.

farmall
02-19-2016, 5:56 PM
I like them. (I don't run them because I don't like fuel capacity under five gallons.)

A dish job on that style could look very good.

ridgerunner1965
02-19-2016, 6:20 PM
i love the superglide one piece tank. not only does it hold as much as a 3.5 gal fatbob but i can have mine off the bike in about 1 minute with just a screwdriver.

take fuel line off and lift off tank.

it also shows off the motor much better than fatbobs.and no crossover to leak.no mount brackets to crack and leak fuel on yur nuts.

but my fav thing is that NOBODY RUNS THEM,

my bike is the only one ive seen with one on it around here ever.

Ridefree70
02-19-2016, 7:55 PM
I'm on the fence about these types of tanks. They have good and bad points. I like the capacity and the fact that its not really wide but they look really flat. If you guys have some pics, please post. Thanks

Ridefree70
02-19-2016, 8:51 PM
I just posted a pic of my fx on my profile page and I was thinking of running one of these tanks on it. There's a lot of talented people on this site with amazing bikes, any input would be appreciated .

outlawTA
02-25-2016, 11:23 PM
Shoulda cleaned or at least dusted it off. Hard to catch how bitcihn this thing looks w/o sitting it on a backbone, but it's suh-wheat baby. I dig your FX. That's a clean looking runner man. A turtle tank could look cool if you do it right. Like ridgerunner said, it'll show the plant more. I'd (personally) mount it almost flush bottomed with the spine to try and keep that line the factory dash makes from a profile. Nice bike man. But bottom line do what you like and fuck everbody else.