PDA

View Full Version : Bandit 1200 GSXR Chopper

venicechoppers
02-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Here's a Suzuki chopper I just finished. Bandit 1200 engine, GSXR forks, wheels, and brakes, Hard Up Choppers frame and pipes.
It's an absolute blast!

3dee
02-19-2016, 12:14 AM
Daaamn...that looks sick man. Great job. More pics plz.

rshutchinson
02-19-2016, 5:29 PM
Looks cool. Any thoughts on a skid plate? That pan looks awfully close to the ground.

ridgerunner1965
02-19-2016, 6:23 PM
very nice, bet it sounds like a funny car with those pipes!

venicechoppers
02-19-2016, 6:27 PM
Looks cool. Any thoughts on a skid plate? That pan looks awfully close to the ground.

Yes, ground clearance is marginal. Looks worse at the low angle, but the pan hangs about 3/4" below the frame.
If it becomes an issue, I can switch to a Gsxr oil pan. Definitely not the lowest bike I've ridden, I'm not too concerned.
Good looking out, though!

h0tr0d18
02-20-2016, 9:23 AM
I really like it, I have a few questions as I have a similar build right now. I am currently in the design stage of the build, my bike is being built off of a ZG100 donor bike. I am having a problem getting the trail in to an acceptable area, I had to drop my rake down to 29 degrees to get a trail of 4.8". I am not sure if this is due to the low offset on the ZG triple tree, a mere 1 5/8" or 41mm.

I am trying to do this as an extreme budget build, just to see how cheaply I can do the bike.

I am curious what the offset is on your GSXR front end and what trail you ended up with.

TIA

venicechoppers
02-20-2016, 4:16 PM
I really like it, I have a few questions as I have a similar build right now. I am currently in the design stage of the build, my bike is being built off of a ZG100 donor bike. I am having a problem getting the trail in to an acceptable area, I had to drop my rake down to 29 degrees to get a trail of 4.8". I am not sure if this is due to the low offset on the ZG triple tree, a mere 1 5/8" or 41mm.

I am trying to do this as an extreme budget build, just to see how cheaply I can do the bike.

I am curious what the offset is on your GSXR front end and what trail you ended up with.

TIA
I used the Hard Up Choppers Wormburner frame, because it has the classic hard tail look and stance that I was after. It uses the stock Suzuki front end. I don't have any numbers, all that was worked out by the frame maker.
I can tell you it handles great.
If you check their website you'll see their new frame design- the "outlaw"- is designed for more ground clearance and rake.

rshutchinson
02-24-2016, 6:09 AM
Yes, ground clearance is marginal. Looks worse at the low angle, but the pan hangs about 3/4" below the frame.
If it becomes an issue, I can switch to a Gsxr oil pan. Definitely not the lowest bike I've ridden, I'm not too concerned.
Good looking out, though!

Ahh, that doesn't look near as close as the first picture. Great looking bike.

s14kings
02-24-2016, 8:58 PM
Nice looking bike! Must be very fast too. Good work!