PDA

View Full Version : Tc's fc's

swbiill
06-03-2010, 2:00 PM
Hey guys, I just put on a set of tcbros forward controls on my xs650. I used the supplied mounts that mount to the motor mounts. I can't believe how much these things bend. Just under the weight of my legs they bow back and forth. I can't be the first one to complain about this. Anyone found a way to fix this? Thanks

NHMike
06-03-2010, 2:02 PM
Hey guys, I just put on a set of tcbros forward controls on my xs650. I used the supplied mounts that mount to the motor mounts. I can't believe how much these things bend. Just under the weight of my legs they bow back and forth. I can't be the first one to complain about this. Anyone found a way to fix this? Thanks

I LITERALLY just talked to my buddy Dave (Homebrew) about the same thing he's got on his XS two days ago. I'm pretty sure they're TC Bros. and they've got a ton of movement. But he's had them on for years and hasn't had a problem yet.

swbiill
06-03-2010, 2:05 PM
Nice frickin avatar it gave me, hahaha

BasterdChad
06-04-2010, 8:04 AM
Got a set on my magna and they worked out great. I actually dropped the bike once and it fell on the forward control. They held the bike up for me with no damage. Seem sturdy to me. It must be the way they mount to the xs?

coachstorms
06-04-2010, 3:27 PM
I cut some tubing to fit the middle, pulled the pegs off and ran a piece of all thread through then screwed the pegs back on. It's rock solid now. You can see it pretty decent in the pic -

Psychophilly666
06-04-2010, 5:17 PM
Good idea man, real clean looking too. Ill probably do what you did with the tubing for my xs850.