PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my bike running again, and my website back up and running again.

WillSCB
02-17-2016, 2:27 AM
After 103,000 miles, had to rebuild my 06 Triumph Thruxton due to damage caused by a worn cam chain. I was amazed how good the condition of the motor was when I tore it down. The cylinders still looked almost like new (had it honed by a buddy with a shop here in town just to be sure.) Cam had between 10 and 15 degrees of slack in it, and it was still running. Replaced the stock automatic cam chain tensioner with a Kreiger Manual Cam Chain Tensioner and put Total Seal piston rings in (a company I learned about from Dragstew's while he was still here in Las Vegas.) Aside from that, I left it stock. If it ran that well for over 100k miles, why fuck with it. Rear oil pump must have got some debris from the cam chain guides, as one of the gears had a crack and the pump body had a crack in it as well.

Secondly, my website, sincitybiker.com, is finally back on line. Been down for a couple of months while I was dealing with issues with web hosting companies. The hosting company I was with was bought out by a "holding company" who knew nothing about customer service. I went to a second web hosting company, and after they were either unable or unwilling to transfer my domain after 3 months with them, I went elsewhere. I went with another company, and they did the domain transfer within two hours of when I processed it. I've got a lot of work to get the site back up completely, as everything was lost when the first web hosting company did away with the web design software I had been using.

As far as the bike, just barely got it going, so I hadn't had time to take any video of it running or anything, but when I have a chance I will do that and post it here if there is a demand.