PDA

View Full Version : starting figured out

sickboi55
08-21-2009, 9:55 AM
so i finally got the bike running.
problems: intake cam was on the wrong keyway, carb had 2 pilot jets, and the boyer plate was static timed to the wrong hole. and the battery issue to boot. ALL were dumb mistakes. but she fires on one kick and settles into a nice idle instantly. sounds good too. video soon. super stoked.

Tyler
08-21-2009, 10:16 AM
well shit, it is good you got that all sorted! I am surprised you got it to run at all the way it was!

sickboi55
08-21-2009, 11:11 AM
no shit man. i got VERY lucky not to fuck something up. BUT next motor i build from the ground up, i can guarantee i wont make the same mistakes.

KT
08-21-2009, 1:30 PM
That's why I love my Triumph's can't hardly kill one... very rarely will one leave you done on the side of the rode ...ride em home on one lung if need be ...as long as your bottom end stays together you can limp em in.....

But yea you def had some issues LOL cool ya got it good goin man grats ....Now if I can get time to put the head back on mine got the thing lapped in a week ago and can't get off the road to put it together ran 90 miles and getting ready to go out for another 120 and its 3:30pm GAH ...is this a monday and no one told me??????