PDA

View Full Version : Chop Shop Woes

Eldergiraffe
02-10-2016, 9:22 PM
Chop Cult members,

Is it common for a chopper shop to tell you that they will do a hardtail section on your frame and it will take 2-3 weeks but then those 3 weeks pass and you contact them and they say they will definitely get to it the week after next?

...well that's where I'm at.

This is the second shop I'm trying to use to get my frame hard tailed and the first one did this to me for 3 months before I walked in and took my shit and told the dude to fuck off.

I just want a fuckin hard tail...is it that hard? Or am I being impatient?

February is here and my winter project is turning into a spring project...FUCK!

FooDog
02-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Chop Cult members,

Is it common for a chopper shop to tell you that they will do a hardtail section on your frame and it will take 2-3 weeks but then those 3 weeks pass and you contact them and they say they will definitely get to it the week after next?

...well that's where I'm at.

This is the second shop I'm trying to use to get my frame hard tailed and the first one did this to me for 3 months before I walked in and took my shit and told the dude to fuck off.

I just want a fuckin hard tail...is it that hard? Or am I being impatient?

February is here and my winter project is turning into a spring project...FUCK!

I dont think your being impatient. Seems like you've been plenty patient.

53rigid
02-11-2016, 7:07 AM
Just like many other threads on here, being patient is OK, but in my opinion communication from the shop is critical. I do not mind waiting for something as long as they keep me informed. But in your case, I would tell them to pound sand as it seems they are taking more lucrative paying jobs and shoving yours on the back burner. I too have a similar situation, but the dude is cool and keeping me in the loop.

Eldergiraffe
02-11-2016, 8:07 AM
Just like many other threads on here, being patient is OK, but in my opinion communication from the shop is critical. I do not mind waiting for something as long as they keep me informed. But in your case, I would tell them to pound sand as it seems they are taking more lucrative paying jobs and shoving yours on the back burner. I too have a similar situation, but the dude is cool and keeping me in the loop.

Right on, this shop is at least calling me back and it's a very well known dude that does very good hard tails. I'm not going to call any shop out but that first shop really fucked me and I now know not to ever do business with them again. You would think that they could knockout a hardtail in a day... But I've never done one so what do I know.

Next bike I hardtail I'll be doing myself.

Blackbetty
02-11-2016, 9:25 AM
Are they fabbing one for you or just welding on a tail section?

Eldergiraffe
02-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Are they fabbing one for you or just welding on a tail section?

Fabbing one up. Using VCP axle plates.

boomboomthump
02-11-2016, 12:25 PM
It's chopper 101 that however long someone tells you, multiply it by 3.

Eldergiraffe
02-11-2016, 6:26 PM
It's chopper 101 that however long someone tells you, multiply it by 3.

Lol, now I know. It's approaching 3x the original deadline so maybe I'll have this frame back soon.

TurnerR
02-12-2016, 8:01 PM
Where do you live?

Eldergiraffe
02-12-2016, 9:50 PM
St. Louis, MO

tomahawk1976
02-12-2016, 11:09 PM
If u were up my way I could steer you a guy that does great hardtails in Jersey....gotta be patient though... Just the nature of the beast. At least they are answering ur calls n not blowing u off. Everybody does this shit in the winter n everybody wants it back asap. I feel your pain

Leiffireeater80
02-15-2016, 9:43 AM
Just ship it to Mike 47 up in Jersey. He'll have it done in no time and done right. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and ship stuff to get it done.

TroyFab
02-18-2016, 7:42 PM
+1 on Mike47

Eldergiraffe
02-18-2016, 8:23 PM
I think ill be giving Mike at 47 Industries a call later this year when I chop my sportster. I've only heard good things about him.