PDA

View Full Version : Haggling

fasterbastard
06-02-2010, 9:01 AM
About to take a look at an 86 shadow 700. http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/1768639620.html

good condition...

for the mileage its a good price, but i still want it lower. think i can get down to 1100 for it?

Sighless
06-02-2010, 9:10 AM
About to take a look at an 86 shadow 700. http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/1768639620.html

good condition...

for the mileage its a good price, but i still want it lower. think i can get down to 1100 for it?

Bring cash, you never know. It does say OBO.

Toecutterp
06-02-2010, 9:12 AM
Good news i just got back from the future and you totally did it, you got it cheap. Come on man ask how to fix it or show us a photo. Nobody can tell anything with out seeing it or knowing the dude your buying it from. If he's hurting for money he will see it for that much. Bring cash and have it on you if you want it. By the way nice first post.

NHMike
06-02-2010, 9:23 AM
A fellow Cultist already did a good write up about buying here:

http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/six-pack-bike-buyin-basics.html

Like everyone is saying, bring the dough and throw the number out there. If he says no, walk away. If you don't hear back in a day or two and you really want it, call him back and do the back and forth thing. If it's been listed a while, you should have no problem. Good Luck.

fasterbastard
06-02-2010, 9:44 AM
Good news i just got back from the future and you totally did it, you got it cheap. Come on man ask how to fix it or show us a photo. Nobody can tell anything with out seeing it or knowing the dude your buying it from. If he's hurting for money he will see it for that much. Bring cash and have it on you if you want it. By the way nice first post.

sorry bro! i just ruined my chopcult cred before i even started! damn. ill never be able to make a fool as good as you now. i'm going to create a new user name and a wayyy better avatar.

number1son
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Just start pointing out all the shit thats wrong with it and what it will cost to fix it and the guy will get tired of your shit and just give it to you.

hugodv01
06-02-2010, 2:06 PM
I sold a bike for $500 less than my minimum "Firm" price because I saw a big ass wad of cash and the buyer started pointing out shit. Then I looked at the big ass wad of cash again and sold the bike.

So take a wad of crisp new $10's and $20's

DaveyRiot
06-02-2010, 4:35 PM
you should be able too, you can tell by the way they word their ad too. sounds like he just rode the shit out of it. find out what he did to store it? If he just parked it then you know you've got work to do. Also he doesn't have room for it or time to ride so a wad of bills will probably make his eyes widen. I say offer $1000 then work up from there. If it were me I'd start at $850 but I learned in the markets of London haha!

Toecutterp
06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
]sorry bro! i just ruined my chopcult cred before i even started! damn. ill never be able to make a fool as good as you now. i'm going to create a new user name and a wayyy better avatar.[/QUOTE]

Ok go for it. I like your dog i gots one