PDA

View Full Version : what r the guys doing seat wise on ridigs ?

raptorgabe
01-01-2016, 12:00 AM
seeing what all the rigid guys are doing with seats ? solo with springs or what here is my current set up and it without the seat so u can see the mpunting options! would prefer bolt on that way don't mess up paint and what not!! I know the damn title is spelt wrong lol

Tattooo
01-01-2016, 8:59 AM
seeing what all the rigid guys are doing with seats ? solo with springs or what here is my current set up and it without the seat so u can see the mpunting options! would prefer bolt on that way don't mess up paint and what not!! I know the damn title is spelt wrong lol

It's a 90s style fat tire bike you don't have any options that will look right on the bike...

numberonewing
01-01-2016, 5:21 PM
i agree w tatoo whats wrong with the seat its the style it needs wing likes it if u wanna sell ill buy it

Frankenfab
01-01-2016, 6:49 PM
If you're not happy with the seat currently,given that it's a pretty one off deal, I would just suggest having that pan reupholstered. Not sure what area you're in but if the resources aren't in you area (unlikely) you can send it to the Haifley Bros and they will do it. Super good guys to deal with.

raptorgabe
01-02-2016, 1:54 AM
Just didn't know if rigid guys are using these kinds of seats or what is most comfortable ! This is my first bike so kinda seeing what the options are

Tattooo
01-02-2016, 5:03 PM
Just didn't know if rigid guys are using these kinds of seats or what is most comfortable ! This is my first bike so kinda seeing what the options are

That's not really a rigid bike... Well it is but it's a fat tire bike that's out of style and when they were in style there wasn't many options for a seat... That bike will look goofy with a spring seat..... But it's your bike.... What's wrong with the seat that's on it now???

CraiGORE
01-02-2016, 7:05 PM
That's not really a rigid bike... Well it is but it's a fat tire bike that's out of style and when they were in style there wasn't many options for a seat... That bike will look goofy with a spring seat..... But it's your bike.... What's wrong with the seat that's on it now???

wow man, just wow

slinginrods
01-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Haifley can make a seat for that ,a more traditional horizontal pleated seat that goes up onto the fender would look good. That bike could be brought into today's looks with little effort. You gotta have vision. Christ I'm trying to make a fxr look good. If that can be done.
Some thing like this . Maybe a different sissy bar,lose the front fender ,but like was said its your bike .looks cool just not my style like it is right now

raptorgabe
01-03-2016, 8:41 PM
yeah iv thought of the sissybar but it matches the fender and seat ! don't really know ! everyone thinks my bike is sick and seems like everyone here thinks its a pos but oh well I guess! what do u guys think would make it look better

raptorgabe
01-03-2016, 8:45 PM

isn't a rigid a bike with no rear suspension? I guess im confsed

jsaz666
01-03-2016, 9:05 PM
Here's mine......

Tattooo
01-03-2016, 9:22 PM
Yes your bike looks good like it is but when you start putting things that's on today's rigid bikes it's hard to pull off...

isn't a rigid a bike with no rear suspension? I guess im confsed

Yes it is a rigid like I said above...
That's not really a rigid bike... Well it is but it's a fat tire bike that's out of style and when they were in style there wasn't many options for a seat...

What I was trying to say that I think you missed is you can't put a spring seat on a frame like yours.. That won't look silly...

Again he ask?? What's wrong with the seat you have on there now???

Tattooo
01-03-2016, 9:26 PM
what do u guys think would make it look better

What's wrong with the way it looks now? Didn't you like it when you bought it??

raptorgabe
01-03-2016, 10:38 PM
I was lookin for a more comfortable seat if I had any options was all !

Solex
01-04-2016, 6:20 AM
Put whatever seat you want on it, who gives a fuck what it looks like. You can't see the seat when your ass is in it rolling down the road anyway, being comfortable and what you want is most important.
I think the spring mounted solo pans look gay and are for fags anyway...

53rigid
01-04-2016, 7:19 AM
Put whatever seat you want on it, who gives a fuck what it looks like. You can't see the seat when your ass is in it rolling down the road anyway, being comfortable and what you want is most important.
I think the spring mounted solo pans look gay and are for fags anyway...

Says the dude with a fat tire cookie cutter "chopper". Most of the bikes on here run the faggy sprung seats, not a good way to start your career on here.

Tattooo
01-04-2016, 9:00 AM
Says the dude with a fat tire cookie cutter "chopper". Most of the bikes on here run the faggy sprung seats, not a good way to start your career on here.

You beat me to it..... He's just mad because his bike isn't worth much anymore.....

53rigid
01-04-2016, 10:27 AM
You beat me to it..... He's just mad because his bike isn't worth much anymore.....

For once I got in first, I am always late to the party.

Tattooo
01-04-2016, 6:50 PM
For once I got in first, I am always late to the party.

You did good!!!