PDA

View Full Version : Carb Issue - Gas coming out of my filters

coachstorms
05-29-2010, 4:45 PM
Finally getting close to being road worthy but on my trip through the neighborhood today I stalled out (out of gas) I flipped over to reserve and had a hard time kicking it back over. After a few minutes of kicking i decided to roll out of the middle of the street and noticed I was dripping a lot of gas out of the pod filter on the right so i just pushed er' back home. I'm carb retarded so can anyone help me out as to what gives and what I need to do to fix it? Thanks guys.

SMChewy
05-29-2010, 4:51 PM
What type of carb? Make sure bowl is tight, and check your float! If it's it's a mikuni I may be able to help.

HWC
05-29-2010, 6:32 PM
probobly just flooded it tryin to restart...

coachstorms
05-29-2010, 6:40 PM
it's a mikuni BS38 off a xs650, any help is appreciated.

I hope all i did was flood it, that would be good news...

SMChewy
05-29-2010, 6:46 PM
These carbs are pretty basic. It is easy to flood your motor with em. If you did take em apart recently, double check your float level. It is easy to knock these off a little if you were in cleaning the carbs or something. But the kicking it over and over does make it sound like a flooding issue. These carbs have no pump in em, and if you had your enricher on (choke) it is more than likely you sucked in too much fuel kicking it so much. Dry out the filters, double check your ignition and timing, and fire it back up (probably more the reason it wasn't running right). Run it around, and if your float is good, your filter should be dry. If you can get it running long enough to check the plugs and see if it's rich or lean, send me a PM and I can help you tune it. Good luck man.