PDA

View Full Version : Basket case

nert
11-15-2015, 7:07 AM
I have a basket case 74 Ironhead electric start. Frame is preped and painted, rolling chassis. Engine all together and put in frame. I purchased a wiring harness from JP Cycles. (not impressed). What I need is exploded parts schematics so I can see how the oil tank, battery box, ign coil, key switch, etc all goe together. Don't know how the wiring harness is routed either. Is there a HD parts supplier on the net that shows part layout, or a free download of sportster parts blowups? Been working on this project for a few years off and on, mostly off. But I need to hear this thing fire up. thanks.

farmall
11-15-2015, 7:53 AM
Your factory parts book and service manual have the info you need.

Tattooo
11-15-2015, 8:07 AM
Buy a Harley Manual for your year bike... Not a Clymer they are junk...... Do you have the title/bike in your name.....

BuddhahoodVato
11-15-2015, 8:26 AM
Dam, ese pinchi farmall be knowing his shit, was just getting ready to write that. Plus why do people buy from JP, never understood that one. But guess it all depends where your rolling outa.
Your factory parts book and service manual have the info you need.

Tattooo
11-15-2015, 8:36 AM
[B]Dam, ese pinchi farmall be knowing his shit, was just getting ready to write that. Plus why do people buy from JP, never understood that one. But guess it all depends where your rolling outa.

I guess they buy from JP because it was cheep...... But I think he knows that now..... JP is like it is here it's the Junk pile.......

nert
11-15-2015, 5:37 PM
There is no pre-existing wire harness for this bike. I couldn't find one any where else except JP. I have HD service book, not a parts book. Thus my question about a free download for parts blow up. Yes, have title. Actually young sister does.

humancertainty
11-15-2015, 5:41 PM
http://partstream.arinet.com/Mobile/S_b0ZVJdlzZRG2n5i2wSxadRMj9VJDYLioow1x-RG-abFmEaytYDIvGwhNqgmxFvzPmlp46OmApaPASYmwyUP1hykdb-JTXDGPg0oAyLbVX-ugZ5_J0ff1Ni6Hg8zgDt0.html#/Mobile/d4Sr5oUDVk-PElfxZuBGZNh2zbogWuqaZquMK_Hk0MLCt3tvinpwN98TcecPE ayemF9nM5AsT3jIBULW-dN83g2.html

Tattooo
11-15-2015, 5:48 PM
There is no pre-existing wire harness for this bike. I couldn't find one any where else except JP. I have HD service book, not a parts book. Thus my question about a free download for parts blow up. Yes, have title. Actually young sister does.

I would get the title and put it in your name before you spend much more money on it..... Glad you have a manual...

OleDirtyDoc
11-15-2015, 5:50 PM
Got any pics?

farmall
11-15-2015, 6:51 PM
I would get the title and put it in your name before you spend much more money on it..

Heed that voice of wisdom. Title fuckups are very common because people insist on "doing it their way".

Get the title in your name, immediately.