PDA

View Full Version : Helmets?

74Ironlung
10-30-2015, 7:03 PM
Do you guys wear a helmet? If so what type, 3/4, half, full? I started riding in a no helmet state (WI) and grew up around guys that never wore a lid, so when I started riding I never did either. Considering grabbing one now, but not really sure of what to get. Show me some sweet lids you guys are rocking!

Tattooo
10-30-2015, 8:20 PM
Do you guys wear a helmet? If so what type, 3/4, half, full? I started riding in a no helmet state (WI) and grew up around guys that never wore a lid, so when I started riding I never did either. Considering grabbing one now, but not really sure of what to get. Show me some sweet lids you guys are rocking!

Man there are thousands of helmets out there find one that fits and you like the way it looks Buy it...... Not everyone likes the same helmet because everyones head is different.....

74Ironlung
10-30-2015, 9:02 PM
What style do you wear? Im kinda patial to the 3/4 style or a biltwell gringo, something about them gets me goin

Tattooo
10-30-2015, 9:10 PM
What style do you wear? Im kinda patial to the 3/4 style or a biltwell gringo, something about them gets me goin

We don't have a helmet law here..... But when I ride out of state I have an 80s full face I wear.....

humancertainty
10-31-2015, 12:35 PM
Try some on. I went through several helmets before I found one that was comfortable and fit the shape of my head.
I ran a 3/4 for a while but I found a full face to be more comfortable. The wind drag with a 3/4 sucked after a couple of hundred miles.
That being said, lots of people run a 3/4 all the time and like them just fine.

Dezertboy74
11-02-2015, 9:47 AM
I've been wearing a Bell 500 custom 3/4 for the last year or so I also have a Bell fullface i wear if it's raining.. Love my 3/4 helmet, but I've been considering getting a Gringo. They are super light and comfy!!!

LudwigvonBuzzthoven
11-02-2015, 2:46 PM
I have a Gringo, in the obnoxious hazard orange no less. I love it.

0BLCKTJ6
11-02-2015, 5:56 PM
I have a couple Gringos, a Simpson, and a DMD. My favorite is the DMD but it's about a hundred more than the Gringo and a hundred less than the Simpson. Rad ass helmet though, no ones ever seen one where I'm at so they love it and it's stupid comfortable, all leather and suede and shit.

IronManJr
11-02-2015, 8:21 PM
I have a collection of helmets, I think a lot of people who wear them do because there's not one right answer when it comes to helmets. I have a Daytona 3/4 I wear most the time that's nice but lifts at about 60-70. The Gringo is really comfortable. So is the Bell Bullet. I want to get a Simpson but can't find a dealer in the area.
Basically it's like this; helmets are all about personal taste. Try a bunch and get what you like.

FooDog
11-02-2015, 9:25 PM
Last year I bit the bullet and ordered a Joe King. It took about 3 months to get...best helmet I have ever tried. In the house right now I probably have 1/2 a dozen helmets...a Daytona, 2 Bell 500's and a Akoury AK88 (the AK88 is pretty good for a DOT 1/2 helmet) also have a few skid lids. The Joe King blows all of them away.

I am in FL and there is no helmet law here...I ride to work everyday and wear the Joe King everyday. It's worth the $ and the wait.

Good luck.

nickey
11-03-2015, 5:47 AM
I have a Bell 500 3/4 that I wore for a long time. I looked like a bobble head and it lifts at high speeds. It was comfortable though and I liked it. But after a while, I wanted a full face, so of course I went with the Gringo. I love it! Super light. Love the looks. It does try to lift at highway speeds as well but its not too bad. Now I can't wear the 3/4. It feels tighter and I notice the bobble head a lot more.

Definitely try different ones on though. My wife doesn't like the way the Gringo fits. And we could both wear the 3/4 Bell comfortably.

If you end up going the Gringo route, I'd look at the S. I use bubble shields sometimes, and it's a pain not being able to lift my visor quickly. There's a Daytona that's cheaper and has the built in flip up shield I wanna try at some point.

Good luck on the hunt!

tcainer
11-03-2015, 8:17 AM
I have a Gringo, but I'm getting a Shoei RF-1200 because I'm tired of shit hitting my face and I like my face that way it is, I don't want a get-off moving shit around.

74Ironlung
11-03-2015, 5:15 PM
I have a Gringo, but I'm getting a Shoei RF-1200 because I'm tired of shit hitting my face and I like my face that way it is, I don't want a get-off moving shit around.

That's what I'm saying man. I can't stand getting behind coal trucks on the highways out here in Western PA and you get smoked for a solid 30-40 miles. Plus it's getting to that point where I kinda feel like wearing one isn't as dorky as I thought it was when I was younger. I wish I'd of picked up a Gringo at the swap meet at Lowbrow a while back, they had em for super cheap.