PDA

View Full Version : honda cb throttle

jim60491
05-26-2010, 11:50 PM
do i have to run both throttle cables? its a cb 360 if that helps its my first build and im not to sure. when i bought it just had one cable hooked up. it ran on just one i just want to get some feed back

thanks anything will help

justin666
05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
as long as its got a spring return youre fine, and it sounds like it does, since you said it was hooked up to one and ran fine.

jim60491
05-27-2010, 12:30 AM
yeah it just doesn't snap back after u let off the throttle. you have to manually do it

justin666
05-27-2010, 12:35 AM
ohhhhh hmmm then you may need to dual cables. mine was set up stock with a push pull throttle, but down on my carbs there is a spring return where the pull cable throttle attaches so when you let off the throttle it springs back to closed.

Aetsh
05-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I have just the 1, it works fine...The second just complicates things for me

shop102
05-27-2010, 5:11 AM
if it manually returns then there is something wrong with the spring. All you have to run is the "pull" cable. The secondary "push" cable was a safety feature that closes the throttle if stuck.

jim60491
05-27-2010, 4:45 PM
cool thanks for the help ill have to check it out

albertahawk
05-28-2010, 9:31 AM
im running one cable on my dual cable carbs if it doesnt have a spring drill a little hole in the linkage and hook a spring up to return the the throttle its not hard at all then you dont have to screw with dueal cables

swellguy
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
do i have to run both throttle cables?
If you ask the question on chopper boards, most everyone says a single cable is fine. Ask it on a Honda board and most people say you should run two cables, although a lot of that caution comes from guys running 4 carbs, not two.
I'd say that if your throttle housing has holes for two cables, use two cables.

albertahawk
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=swellguy;65594]If you ask the question on chopper boards, most everyone says a single cable is fine. Ask it on a Honda board and most people say you should run two cables, although a lot of that caution comes from guys running 4 carbs, not two.
I'd say that if your throttle housing has holes for two cables, use two cables.[/QUOTE

honestly i have sport bikes and older hondas and two carbs or 4 doesnt matter hook a spring to the linkage and call it a day ... there is always a fail safe way to kill the throttle if the cable was to ever break its the kill switch or the key i say rock one cable if the carbs can return on their own if they cant lol make em