PDA

View Full Version : Another Neb - Another VSTAR Project

Cogboy
06-03-2015, 8:25 AM
Hey All,
Picked up my vstar 650 classic this spring and am planning on a winter of wrenching. Removed saddle bags, rear seat, highway bars and saddlebags for now. In the meantime gonna get my new shop in order, and research plans for cleaning this baby up! Plans for modifying rear fender, lowering front/rear cleaning up lights and new bars in the works. Might play with some Plasti-dip and see how that goes,
Lots of great build and ideas on the site,
Cheers
Cogboy

Magnificentbastard
06-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Hey All,
Picked up my vstar 650 classic this spring and am planning on a winter of wrenching. Removed saddle bags, rear seat, highway bars and saddlebags for now. In the meantime gonna get my new shop in order, and research plans for cleaning this baby up! Plans for modifying rear fender, lowering front/rear cleaning up lights and new bars in the works. Might play with some Plasti-dip and see how that goes,
Lots of great build and ideas on the site,
Cheers
Cogboy

Good luck ~I have a vstar myself, they are great bikes to start with and a lot of fun to ride the shit out of them.

BoozePig
06-06-2015, 8:19 AM
I've seen some amazing Vstars out there. It's an amazingly reliable bike and it's a great canvas.

UhOh
06-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Iv put almost 50k miles on my vstar 1100. Great bikes and lots of parts out there

modified666
06-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Just picked up an xvs1100 myself and couldn't agree with you more. Theres a lot of great ideas and motivation on this site. Cant wait to dig into mine myself.. Good luck and get creative!