PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank advice...newbie

Wulfie
05-31-2015, 3:35 PM
:)Hiya guys,
Newbie, so forgive the dumb questions, just bought a half done bobber, but I don't like the tank, it's too small I think, I was just looking for some suggestions for something bigger, maybe something that will cover the coils and save me the ballsache of re locating them, here's a picture so you get the idea......be gentle with me ...lol60659

dylanjoseph29
05-31-2015, 4:22 PM
The tank is my favorite part. Clip ons would be first thing I'd change

ridgerunner1965
05-31-2015, 6:18 PM
to cover your coils you need sumpin with a deeper tunnel. myself id go with a axed set of fatbobs. not many guys do that anymore becuase of the welding and stuff but they are very unusual.

myself id not worry bout covering the coils as i like my shit out in the open easy to work on.. nice bike by the way.

Wulfie
06-01-2015, 2:58 AM
Cheers guys, points taken, Hmm I think I'll just keep looking for inspiration, I'm really new to this so I'm not sure what I'm doing, I know that after messing with Jap and Italian rockets for 30 years these things are so simple it's brilliant, I love the basics style, got a little bit to learn I think ...lol

Chris

bluesrock
06-01-2015, 5:27 PM
How does it handle with the clip ons down there like that?

Wulfie
06-02-2015, 2:11 AM
How does it handle with the clip ons down there like that?

Hi Blues rock, honest answer is I don't really know as I have only had the bike 5 days, I have raised them from the position in the picture as far as the brake line will allow which was about 3-4 inches, and ridden up and down the road a few times and it felt fine, I haven't had it out on the main roads on a proper run,, but like I said it feels like they will work. There are some carburation issues , so I have stripped that carbs and waiting for bits , so until I can get the carbs rebuilt and back on I guess I won't be able to make a decent decision, I think that I am coming round to some ape hangers to be honest looking at pictures, but I'm going to get the bike running well, then concentrate on aesthetics etc later

deathmetaldan
06-03-2015, 2:00 AM
re tunnel the tank... you could widen it while you are at it if you feel its too small.