PDA

View Full Version : Honda CB750 Chop build question

dp76
05-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Hey all, I am new to the forum. I'm third generation passionate about motorcycles and am ready to start my first build. I am familiar enough with bikes that I am up for the challenge. I plan on going with a late 70's or 80's CB750 and having cycle one manufacturing do a hardtail conversion (because I don't know how to weld). I have been researching all over the internet to make a plan for this bike when i get it. The question i have is about the hardtail section. Will i be able to run my stock tire, brakes, hardware, axle, etc? Or will I have to get new of all those components? And if I do have to buy new, what would be a good place to get those parts?

I appreciate the info and will probably have more questions once i get this project rolling!

Riverofthepelts
05-19-2015, 2:38 PM
Hey all, I am new to the forum. I'm third generation passionate about motorcycles and am ready to start my first build. I am familiar enough with bikes that I am up for the challenge. I plan on going with a late 70's or 80's CB750 and having cycle one manufacturing do a hardtail conversion (because I don't know how to weld). I have been researching all over the internet to make a plan for this bike when i get it. The question i have is about the hardtail section. Will i be able to run my stock tire, brakes, hardware, axle, etc? Or will I have to get new of all those components? And if I do have to buy new, what would be a good place to get those parts?

I appreciate the info and will probably have more questions once i get this project rolling!

Not familiar with those hard tails but as long as you get one designed for your frame you should be good. I'm planning to do a conversion on my cb650 this winter with the kit from voodoo vintage. Good luck!

Stevied695
05-19-2015, 3:00 PM
As long as you let them know at cycle one, they will use axle plates and such that let you reuse your stock wheel, axle, brakes. Just gotta make sure they know that in advance.

rigidchop
05-19-2015, 4:02 PM
Yep, Red or Kate should be able to answer all of those questions. I have one of their sohc 750 rear sections on one of my chops, and I have the stock rear hub, the rim and spokes were changed, not because of the hard tail, just for a 16".

dp76
05-19-2015, 5:12 PM
Excellent! Thank you for the advice, I will definitely contact them beforehand to let them know my plans for the bike.

I appreciate the advice!

ruckus2115
05-20-2015, 8:55 AM
rigidchop....post some pics of your 750

i have heard nothing but good things about cycle one. i have a 750 and always going back and forth as to their hard tail or just a custom frame.