PDA

View Full Version : First build

sammyt
05-17-2015, 5:38 AM
Hey guys !
My names Sam, im 20 and im a stainless steel tank fabricator/ welder from Victoria, Australia!
Iv been wanting to build a bike for years and years but never had the fund to do it properly....
I then heard of Chopped, and event also in Victoria which some of you may of heard of before, if not its an event basedaround old hotrods and choppers, live bands and fucking dirt drags !! I thought awesome what a awesome place and event that i could make my first build around....
Being dirt drags, i really wanted to bobber/ chopper a trail bike, so i went and bought a 81 model XL250 for a couple hundred which was in pretty bad form!
I was going to hardtail it and do all that common shit, but iv somce changed my mind and made some solid struts to replace the shock dropping it, and having a ground clearance of 5'.. i shaved and cleaned off all the bullshit of the frame i dont need, and completely stripped it...
Im taking the frame and swingarm to work tomorrow to be sand blasted and clear coated..
I have a few more ideas up my sleave to make this thing a cool rat dirt drag bobber..
Ill post as i go and id love any feedback, except bullshit comments ripping shit.. im doing it as something different, to my taste, and to be cheap as fucking possible to show you can have fun and build a bike without spending a fortune.. iv attattached some photos below,
Thanks again!
Sammy T

sammyt
05-17-2015, 5:42 AM
These are the only pictures i have since iv started a few days ago, not sure on the tank yet im looking / thinking about a peanut or small sportser tank but well see what happens! Everything else i plan to fabricate myself.
Cheers..

sammyt
06-10-2015, 4:02 AM
I finally got around to stripping everything bar some to bare metal and sprayed the rest black, currently building my exhaust and a few other bits and pieces. How she sits atm

Freewheeler
06-10-2015, 4:45 AM
Hey guys !
My names Sam, im 20 and im a stainless steel tank fabricator/ welder from Victoria, Australia!
Iv been wanting to build a bike for years and years but never had the fund to do it properly....
I then heard of Chopped, and event also in Victoria which some of you may of heard of before, if not its an event basedaround old hotrods and choppers, live bands and fucking dirt drags !! I thought awesome what a awesome place and event that i could make my first build around....
Being dirt drags, i really wanted to bobber/ chopper a trail bike, so i went and bought a 81 model XL250 for a couple hundred which was in pretty bad form!
I was going to hardtail it and do all that common shit, but iv somce changed my mind and made some solid struts to replace the shock dropping it, and having a ground clearance of 5'.. i shaved and cleaned off all the bullshit of the frame i dont need, and completely stripped it...
Im taking the frame and swingarm to work tomorrow to be sand blasted and clear coated..
I have a few more ideas up my sleave to make this thing a cool rat dirt drag bobber..
Ill post as i go and id love any feedback, except bullshit comments ripping shit.. im doing it as something different, to my taste, and to be cheap as fucking possible to show you can have fun and build a bike without spending a fortune.. iv attattached some photos below,
Thanks again!
Sammy T

Welcome Sammy, looks like you are making some good progress, whats nexT/

Nick