PDA

View Full Version : new to me cb750

mantree
05-08-2015, 12:28 PM
last year my uncle passed away but left me his cb750. Now I am about a foot taller than he was so I will be needing forward controls and will be adding a sissy bar. I have gone to a led all in one tail light. I still need to build a sissy bar and work out the linkage for forwards

teamcurtis
05-08-2015, 2:15 PM
year?
aftermarket swingarm or is that a later model 750?

mantree
05-10-2015, 2:20 PM
it is a 74 with a wide and long swing arm and progressive shocks. the backbone has been chopped with the original fender loop cut off. i am using a set of Harley forward controls that have a cable brake. i have my cable stops planed but cant find a cable to use. the wiring is kinda fubar but i work for a company that builds firetrucks so i can just bill out everything to fix the electrical at 5% above cost. puts rewiring the bike right around 75 with all said and done with wire,split loom, relays and new fuse block

mantree
07-04-2015, 4:58 PM
So progress has been slow with work, school and vacation but today I made some progress on my wireing got my new loom run and just need a few pieces and then it is off to the welder to have the frame damage fixed and I will be cleaning the gas tank

mantree
08-11-2015, 6:53 AM
So after scratching my head over issues with wireing I found that the ignition switch was bad and ended up replacing it with a universal switch for a hotrod and now she is running but now I need to finish my sissybar and forward controls. I have a buddy that has the factory grab bar off a cb650c that I will be using to make a sissybar

Rahim
08-12-2015, 2:09 AM
Keep at it man. Hows it runnin?