PDA

View Full Version : 73 cb350 BOBBER HELPPPP PLEASE

74hondacb350
04-28-2015, 8:50 PM
Okay my bike starts and runs but I can only keep it running by keeping it at almost full throttle I don't know if it's my coils or my carbs and my coils started to melt this plasticy wax off of them

TheAbyss
04-28-2015, 10:40 PM
Have to taken your carbs apart and looked at them? Are you sure they are adjusted correctly?

mountainryder
04-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Clean the carbs and the points

Crowe138
04-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Unplug all wiring from your coils Use a multimeter on your coils. Might have an internal failure making the coil melt .

This vid might help

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQ45lT2d3c

74hondacb350
05-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the help it was my coils But Im wondering what is the simplest wiring diagram no stator no turn signals just lights and motor

JetBlackII
05-04-2015, 2:13 AM
You need your stator wiring to charge the battery and power the lights and well cause it to start too. There's likely a simplified diagram at the sticky at the top of this very forum that will help you out with chopping down the wiring... though in the update we did lose some member ones they never added back and I couldn't find at the time.

Coils rarely go bad on their own btw, it would be a good idea to test your rect/regular business so you don't fry your new coils... because the rectifier/regulator is supposed to protect the coils by feeding them the proper current. If you only have a rectifier one of those big old finned fuckers, it's better to replace it with a radio shack one they cost less than 3 bucks and are very reliabe... if it's a combo reg/rectifier you're sol using the Radio Shack one though but any fucking cheap ass combo scooter one off Ebay will work fine too.

mantree
05-10-2015, 9:54 AM
the cb350 engine is just a cb750 chopped in half so the electrical is about the same you can use one of the plentiful 750 wiring diagrams

trailcarnage
07-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks for all the help it was my coils But Im wondering what is the simplest wiring diagram no stator no turn signals just lights and motor

http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/wiring350K4.html