PDA

View Full Version : Yami Xs Hardtail Help

svwannabe
05-12-2010, 7:28 AM
Hey guys, im helping a friend hardtail is yami xs650 with a tc bros hardtail. I was wondering if anybody could hook me up with a few pics of the rear of the bike at the adjusters and the brake pivot setup for the rear drum. The factory adjusters are much wider then the the adjuster plates on the hardtail so im wondering how you pack that out to use and center the factory adjusters. Then i was wondering what a lot of you guys are using for the pivot on the rear brake, i saw some pics using the factory setup then i saw G&L makes a pretty clean little pivot. Thanks, Lars.

jrhamilton80
05-13-2010, 9:34 PM
I just welded a big washer on each side of the inside of the stock axle adjuster to make up for the plates being thinner than the swingarm. I'm not to the point of brakes yet so I can't really help there. Good luck.

philbey
05-19-2010, 2:01 AM
There are two different types of XS adjusters, early ones are narrower and will fit the TC axle plates.

Later XS axle plates have open ends with a small t shaped piece that pops out the back so you can pull the wheel out without having to slide the axle out.

There are also 2 different length axles for the XS and the longer one is the one you need, I believe they are later model axles.