PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Vstar 1100 Front end

Poppajohnny
02-24-2015, 8:03 PM
Picked up a 2001 vstar 1100 classic on the cheap. since its starting to warm up and im getting the bug to do someting with this i thought i'd ask some questions.
Long time lurker btw haha

wanting to switch the front forks to the custom version ones, but will they fit?

this thing has to have some work done to it, the last guy who had it did some interesting mods
chopped the rear fender and added some crappy fender and sissy bar. ground into the frame a bit, just small stuff that i could see but not bad.
rattle canned the entire thing (easy fix)
the biggest thing is the engine, it keeps flooding so my brother and i will break it down and see if we can rebuild or something.

anyways,

bike is in my bro's garage at his place but heres a pic i took before we parked our bikes for the winter.

junkman
02-24-2015, 9:02 PM
The Custom front end will fit the classic. The fork tubes are the same size. The head tubes on the frames are all the same on the VStars so swapping the triple trees works. I have 3 VStars that I have built or am building and have swapped the front ends.

Poppajohnny
02-25-2015, 4:50 PM
awesome man, thanks! yea i'll start cruising around the swap meets and ebay for a front end till the snow melts and i can start working. -40c sucks