PDA

View Full Version : 1400 intruder lowering ideal on back

Derry
02-22-2015, 8:09 AM
Hi am looking for ideals on how to lower my 1400 intruder and keep some sort of shocks I don't want a hard tail some pic of ur ideal will be nice thanks.

deathmetaldan
02-22-2015, 8:47 AM
shorty shocks

dylanjoseph29
02-22-2015, 9:08 AM
What about some stock savage shocks

Westboundbiker
02-22-2015, 9:36 AM
Just an fyi, it should be ideas, not ideals. Ideas are thoughts, while ideals are lofty goals, or perfection.

Mocnyang
02-22-2015, 12:48 PM
A stock intruder has 13" shocks so I wouldn't go any further than a 4" drop. The savages' stock shock length is 10.5" that should put you in a good place.

Just an fyi, it should be ideas, not ideals. Ideas are thoughts, while ideals are lofty goals, or perfection.

What is this grammar school? I though it was a chopper forum.

deathmetaldan
02-22-2015, 8:13 PM
A stock intruder has 13" shocks so I wouldn't go any further than a 4" drop. The savages' stock shock length is 10.5" that should put you in a good place.

What is this grammar school? I though it was a chopper forum.

you came to the wrong forum mother fucker!

not sure if you noticed, but more than just "choppers" get discussed on this forum

Mocnyang
02-22-2015, 9:03 PM
you came to the wrong forum mother fucker!

not sure if you noticed, but more than just "choppers" get discussed on this forum

First off, wrong forum? No I'm quite sure I came here to read up on some builds, get some ideas, and check out some "chopped" bikes.

Second being I have have a photographic memory there's not to much I won't notice. Like there's only 1 one section in this forum the doesn't have to do anything to do with choppers, bobbers, or bikes.

I wasnt looking to start a fight just saying it's a little snobby to correct someone on their grammar when the reader obviously knew what the OP was talking about.

I apologize if I offended you at all as this was not my intention, but "mother fucker" seriously.

Westboundbiker
02-22-2015, 9:29 PM
Yeah, I knew what he was talking about.

That still doesn't excuse poor English skills. I don't think less of him, I just think that we could all use to help each other try to be a little more intelligent. I'm not perfect either, and I'd prefer someone gently correct my mistakes rather than letting me continue to make them.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov.

nickey
02-22-2015, 10:10 PM
for the grammar, i have to agree, it bothered me as well and i wanted to say something. like westbound said, its helping out for future use of the word/wording. we are all here for the same reasons, but if we can help out in other ways too, then why the heck not?

on to chopper-ing...

id check and make sure they will fit, but if the savage ls650/boulevard s40 shocks are a direct swap then definitely go that route. they can be found fairly cheap on ebay and then you have your stock shocks to go back to if ya wanted.

deathmetaldan
02-23-2015, 8:13 AM
First off, wrong forum? No I'm quite sure I came here to read up on some builds, get some ideas, and check out some "chopped" bikes.

Second being I have have a photographic memory there's not to much I won't notice. Like there's only 1 one section in this forum the doesn't have to do anything to do with choppers, bobbers, or bikes.

I wasnt looking to start a fight just saying it's a little snobby to correct someone on their grammar when the reader obviously knew what the OP was talking about.

I apologize if I offended you at all as this was not my intention, but "mother fucker" seriously.

If you take the world, and especially the internet, so seriously/literally you are going to be missing out.

Jasonisdico
02-23-2015, 6:15 PM
If you're handy, you can make something like this fairly easily and cheaply and drop the backend however far you want. http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/burly-brand-rear-suspension-lowering-kit-1-inch-lower-than-stock-harley-davidson-xl-sportster-models-06-13/part/PS-BURLY-LWR-XL-06-13

Mocnyang
02-23-2015, 6:20 PM
If you're handy, you can make something like this fairly easily and cheaply and drop the backend however far you want. http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/burly-brand-rear-suspension-lowering-kit-1-inch-lower-than-stock-harley-davidson-xl-sportster-models-06-13/part/PS-BURLY-LWR-XL-06-13

Had a pair similar in my cb when I got it a little more of a crude design being that they were at least older than '91